Chris Brown Reportedly Throws 'Violent' Hissy Fit Over Rihanna QuestionsRelated: Hot Gossip, Chris Brown, Rihanna
- Photo: MWH/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Brandon Parry/LE/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: ZO5/WENN4 of 6
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:51:00 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Opening Day Universal's Best-Ever in U.K.MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:26:21 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Much Ado About Absolutely EverythingMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 7:31:58 AM
- The Curious Case of Benicio del Toro in 'Jimmy P'MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 3:29:59 AM
- Wentworth Media Launches to Finance, Produce MoviesMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 2:00:07 AM
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office
By Kat Giantis
Chris Brown's attempted image makeover may have hit the wall. Or, more specifically, the window. TMZ reports the comeback-aiming singer "exploded in rage" after an appearance on Tuesday's "Good Morning America," and ended up shattering a window in his fury.
The apparent reason for his so-called "violent outburst": He was asked about his 2009 assault on ex-girlfriend Rihanna.
Chris reportedly returned to his dressing room after his interview with Robin Roberts and proceeded to have a massive hissy fit. His yelling was loud enough and angry enough that the hair and makeup staff grew concerned and summoned security.
"That wasn't cool, man! That wasn't cool," Brown fumed, according to the New York Post, with a source adding, "He was ballistic. He was really mad. He was screaming and very upset."
Brown, says TMZ, was "out of control," and proceeded to smash a window in his dressing room, purportedly with a chair, sending glass fragments onto the busy street below.
Security arrived to find the singer had stripped off his shirt and left the building in a huff, despite being scheduled for another performance (this one for the website).
On his way out, Chris apparently had a stare-down with a "GMA" producer, but other show staffers jumped in to ensure the situation didn't escalate.
During the interview, Brown was clearly uncomfortable with Roberts' questions about Rihanna, and he kept trying to move the conversation back to his just-released album, the magnanimously titled "F.A.M.E. (Forgiving All My Enemies)."
"The restraining order that Rihanna had against you has been relaxed," broached Roberts. "Have you all seen each other or been around each other?"
Brown, who remains on probation after pleading guilty to felony assault (and proudly tweeted the certificate he received for completing his court-ordered domestic violence class), didn't seem to understand why this should be a topic of conversation.
"I mean, not really, it's not really a big deal to me now as far as that situation," he warily replied. "I think I'm past that in my life. I think today's the album day."
But Roberts, who sources say got the go-ahead from Chris before the interview to tackle "a few questions" on the Rihanna subject, gently circled back to it a minute later by pointing out the incident "was very serious."
Brown, looking agitated, reiterated, "This album is what I want to talk about and not something that happened two years ago."
That something, you'll recall, left Rihanna's face looking like this, and reportedly involved Brown attempting to force Rihanna out of his car, smashing her head against the passenger side window and punching her in the eye while threatening to kill her.
GMA confirms that Chris "stormed off" the set, and says the window destruction wasn't discovered until after he and his entourage had left the studio.
In a statement, ABC News explained, "As always, we ask questions that are relevant and newsworthy, and that's what we did in this interview with Mr. Brown."
"I'm so over people bringing this past s--t up!!!" Brown fumed in a quickly deleted tweet following his "GMA" appearance. "Yet we praise Charlie Sheen and other celebs for there bulls--t."
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite