Chris Brown's attorney has evidence to prove Drake instigated club fight
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com1 of 16
- Photo: WENN/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Rachid Bellak/ABACA/StarTraks3 of 16
- Photo: WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Arnold Turner/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/ESPN/Getty Images North America10 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Instagram/Twitter13 of 16
- Photo: DR2/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: DR2/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Malcolm Gladwell Medical Drama Gets Pilot Order at FoxMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 7:22:00 AM
- Amazon Sets Premiere Date for TransparentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 7:22:00 AM
- Vicki Gunvalson Explained "What Gay Looks Like" On the RHOC ReunionMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 7:22:00 AM
- Fox Sales Exec Jean Rossi Leaving After 27 YearsMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 7:06:00 AM
- Vimeo Announces New Distribution PartnersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 7:00:00 AM
- Malcolm Gladwell Medical Drama Gets Pilot Order at Fox
Chris Brown's attorney is determined to prove rapper Drake was responsible for starting the violent club brawl in New York which left the R&B singer with a bloody cut on his chin.
The "Kiss Kiss" hitmaker was hit in the face with a bottle during the Wednesday night fight at Manhattan hotspot W.i.P., which erupted when tension between the two artists' entourages boiled over.
RELATED: Chris Brown's Highs and Lows
Reports suggest Brown sent Drake a bottle of champagne to show he had no hard feelings over their shared love for his ex-girlfriend Rihanna, but the peace offering was allegedly rejected by the rapper, who is said to have sent back an insulting note which made reference to the "Umbrella" beauty.
Police are now investigating the incident, although a spokesperson for Drake dismissed the rumors and insisted the hip-hop star "did not participate in any wrongdoing of any kind" and was "on his way out of the club" when the altercation began.
Surveillance footage from the venue has reportedly proved useless to detectives' case, but Brown's legal representative, Mark Geragos, claims he has proof that Drake was at the center of the violence.
He tells the New York Post, "I have turned over evidence that it was Drake who instigated this. The evidence makes it clear that Chris is the victim in all of this."
RELATED: Best Pop Culture Dancers
"I believe the police are building a case against Drake and his thugs. Clearly, Drake was the instigator, and there is evidence he threw glassware."
Brown wasn't the only one hurt in the melee - basketball ace Tony Parker, who was also present at the club, got glass in his eye and four others were left with nasty injuries too.
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTEmmy Parties
From Crowd Ignite