Chris Brown's community service drama put on hold
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.1 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 18
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN3 of 18
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage4 of 18
- Photo: Pablo/Goodwin/Fame Flynet5 of 18
- Photo: Bello/Fame Flynet6 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 18
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/Fame Flynet8 of 18
- Photo: Instagram9 of 18
- Photo: Instagram10 of 18
- Photo: Instagram11 of 18
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/Fame Flynet12 of 18
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/Fame Flynet13 of 18
- Photo: wsb/Splash News14 of 18
- Photo: Instagram15 of 18
- Photo: Instagram16 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Mega Buzz: 24's Reunion, a S.H.I.E.L.D. Return and a New Bones RomanceMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:49:00 PM
- Tumblr Tops Twitter's Social TV Activity, Says New StudyMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Comedy Group Dr. God Sets Up AXS TV Show, Wraps First Feature (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: 5 TakeawaysMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 3:13:00 PM
- Mean Girls Star Daniel Franzese Comes OutMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 3:03:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: 24's Reunion, a S.H.I.E.L.D. Return and a New Bones Romance
Chris Brown's lawyers have won extra time to review new evidence connected to allegations the singer failed to complete his court-ordered community service.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
The embattled R&B star was in court in Los Angeles on Friday for a hearing into the case, but following a brief meeting between his legal team and the prosecutors before a judge, he was told to return on June 10.
Prosecutors maintain Brown lied about his 180 days of community labor in Virginia and they have outlined a series of inconsistencies with a report prepared by Richmond police about the number of community service hours Brown had actually served.
Brown was sentenced to community service as part of his probation following his assault on girlfriend Rihanna in 2009. The couple split after a fight, but reconciled last year.
RELATED: Celebrity break-up makeovers
Brown's lawyer Mark Geragos has vigorously disputed the allegations against his client, and last month accused prosecutors of making "scurrilous, libelous and defamatory statements" against the R&B star.
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSneak Peek
From Crowd Ignite