Chris Brown's community service drama put on hold
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.1 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 18
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN3 of 18
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage4 of 18
- Photo: Pablo/Goodwin/Fame Flynet5 of 18
- Photo: Bello/Fame Flynet6 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 18
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/Fame Flynet8 of 18
- Photo: Instagram9 of 18
- Photo: Instagram10 of 18
- Photo: Instagram11 of 18
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/Fame Flynet12 of 18
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/Fame Flynet13 of 18
- Photo: wsb/Splash News14 of 18
- Photo: Instagram15 of 18
- Photo: Instagram16 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Marvel's 'Agent Carter' Casts 'Jupiter Ascending' Star MSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 5:00:00 PM
- 'Arrow' Casts 'Spartacus' Nick Tarabay as DC Supervillain CaptaiMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 4:58:00 PM
- Michael Jackson Hologram Case Escalates to Restraining Order Over Hitler PictureMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Jenny McCarthy's New Reason for Ouster from 'The View:' She's ToMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:58:00 PM
- 'The Real' Draws Weak Premiere RatingsMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Marvel's 'Agent Carter' Casts 'Jupiter Ascending' Star
Chris Brown's lawyers have won extra time to review new evidence connected to allegations the singer failed to complete his court-ordered community service.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
The embattled R&B star was in court in Los Angeles on Friday for a hearing into the case, but following a brief meeting between his legal team and the prosecutors before a judge, he was told to return on June 10.
Prosecutors maintain Brown lied about his 180 days of community labor in Virginia and they have outlined a series of inconsistencies with a report prepared by Richmond police about the number of community service hours Brown had actually served.
Brown was sentenced to community service as part of his probation following his assault on girlfriend Rihanna in 2009. The couple split after a fight, but reconciled last year.
RELATED: Celebrity break-up makeovers
Brown's lawyer Mark Geragos has vigorously disputed the allegations against his client, and last month accused prosecutors of making "scurrilous, libelous and defamatory statements" against the R&B star.
Get out the vote
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite