Chris Brown's community service drama put on hold
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.1 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 18
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN3 of 18
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage4 of 18
- Photo: Pablo/Goodwin/Fame Flynet5 of 18
- Photo: Bello/Fame Flynet6 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 18
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/Fame Flynet8 of 18
- Photo: Instagram9 of 18
- Photo: Instagram10 of 18
- Photo: Instagram11 of 18
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/Fame Flynet12 of 18
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/Fame Flynet13 of 18
- Photo: wsb/Splash News14 of 18
- Photo: Instagram15 of 18
- Photo: Instagram16 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Chris Brown's lawyers have won extra time to review new evidence connected to allegations the singer failed to complete his court-ordered community service.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
The embattled R&B star was in court in Los Angeles on Friday for a hearing into the case, but following a brief meeting between his legal team and the prosecutors before a judge, he was told to return on June 10.
Prosecutors maintain Brown lied about his 180 days of community labor in Virginia and they have outlined a series of inconsistencies with a report prepared by Richmond police about the number of community service hours Brown had actually served.
Brown was sentenced to community service as part of his probation following his assault on girlfriend Rihanna in 2009. The couple split after a fight, but reconciled last year.
RELATED: Celebrity break-up makeovers
Brown's lawyer Mark Geragos has vigorously disputed the allegations against his client, and last month accused prosecutors of making "scurrilous, libelous and defamatory statements" against the R&B star.
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite