Chris Brown's community service drama put on hold
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.1 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 18
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN3 of 18
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage4 of 18
- Photo: Pablo/Goodwin/Fame Flynet5 of 18
- Photo: Bello/Fame Flynet6 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 18
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/Fame Flynet8 of 18
- Photo: Instagram9 of 18
- Photo: Instagram10 of 18
- Photo: Instagram11 of 18
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/Fame Flynet12 of 18
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/Fame Flynet13 of 18
- Photo: wsb/Splash News14 of 18
- Photo: Instagram15 of 18
- Photo: Instagram16 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage17 of 18
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Chris Brown's lawyers have won extra time to review new evidence connected to allegations the singer failed to complete his court-ordered community service.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
The embattled R&B star was in court in Los Angeles on Friday for a hearing into the case, but following a brief meeting between his legal team and the prosecutors before a judge, he was told to return on June 10.
Prosecutors maintain Brown lied about his 180 days of community labor in Virginia and they have outlined a series of inconsistencies with a report prepared by Richmond police about the number of community service hours Brown had actually served.
Brown was sentenced to community service as part of his probation following his assault on girlfriend Rihanna in 2009. The couple split after a fight, but reconciled last year.
RELATED: Celebrity break-up makeovers
Brown's lawyer Mark Geragos has vigorously disputed the allegations against his client, and last month accused prosecutors of making "scurrilous, libelous and defamatory statements" against the R&B star.
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Justin Timberlake, see some of the hottest stars from the south.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDebuts Baby Bump!
From Crowd Ignite