Chris Brown's community service drama put on hold
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.1 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 18
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN3 of 18
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage4 of 18
- Photo: Pablo/Goodwin/Fame Flynet5 of 18
- Photo: Bello/Fame Flynet6 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 18
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/Fame Flynet8 of 18
- Photo: Instagram9 of 18
- Photo: Instagram10 of 18
- Photo: Instagram11 of 18
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/Fame Flynet12 of 18
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/Fame Flynet13 of 18
- Photo: wsb/Splash News14 of 18
- Photo: Instagram15 of 18
- Photo: Instagram16 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage17 of 18
More Celeb News
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 5:04:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler and Husband Welcome a Baby GirlMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- Matthew McConaughey Courted for 'The Stand,' Nearing Deal for 'Gold&aMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:27:00 PM
- The Mindy Project Taps Niecy Nash as Mindy's RivalMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- Steve Martin in Negotiations to Star in Disney's 'Magic Camp'MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 4:01:00 PM
- 'Game of Thrones,' '2 Broke Girls,' 'Silicon Valley&
Chris Brown's lawyers have won extra time to review new evidence connected to allegations the singer failed to complete his court-ordered community service.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
The embattled R&B star was in court in Los Angeles on Friday for a hearing into the case, but following a brief meeting between his legal team and the prosecutors before a judge, he was told to return on June 10.
Prosecutors maintain Brown lied about his 180 days of community labor in Virginia and they have outlined a series of inconsistencies with a report prepared by Richmond police about the number of community service hours Brown had actually served.
Brown was sentenced to community service as part of his probation following his assault on girlfriend Rihanna in 2009. The couple split after a fight, but reconciled last year.
RELATED: Celebrity break-up makeovers
Brown's lawyer Mark Geragos has vigorously disputed the allegations against his client, and last month accused prosecutors of making "scurrilous, libelous and defamatory statements" against the R&B star.
Get out the vote
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott put their cheating scandal behind them and vacation as a family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJ.Law Green Light
From Crowd Ignite