Chris Brown's rep attributes singer's seizure to 'intense fatigue and extreme emotional stress'
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 11
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 11
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: Bello/Fame Flynet5 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/Fame Flynet8 of 11
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.9 of 11
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
"While in the studio working early this morning, Chris suffered a nonepileptic seizure (NES)," his rep told Us in a statement. "He was not hospitalized."
The rep added, "His doctor tended to him this afternoon and attributes the NES to intense fatigue and extreme emotional stress, both due to the continued onslaught of unfounded legal matters and the nonstop negativity."
Indeed, the "Home" crooner seemed to not be in the best spirits this week. On Tuesday, a day after he spent 45 minutes in jail for a hit and run, he tweeted to his followers that he's may be ending his musical career.
"Don't worry, mainstream America," he wrote in a tweet that was later deleted. "After this X album, it'll probably be my last album."
"Being famous is amazing when it's for your music and talent," he continued. "I'm tired of being famous for a mistake I made when I was 18. I'm cool and over it!"
Brown was presumably alluding to his 2009 assault of his ex-girlfriend Rihanna.
The singer, who's currently linked to model Karrueche Tran, did get some support earlier this week from fellow R&B artist Jason Derulo. "The Other Side" singer, appearing on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen on Aug. 7, was asked about Brown's tweet, which hinted that his end in music was near.
"I just think there's a lot of pressure in the public eye and times can get really get rough for any performer," Derulo, 23, offered. "So keep him in your prayers and hope for the best for him."
On Saturday, Brown wrote, "They won't love u until u r a memory"
Brown's upcoming album, X, releases Aug. 26.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite