Chris Brown's rep attributes singer's seizure to 'intense fatigue and extreme emotional stress'
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA2 of 11
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 11
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: Bello/Fame Flynet5 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/Fame Flynet8 of 11
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.9 of 11
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Gone Girl' Beauty Emily Ratajkowski Joins Zac Efron in 'We Are Your FrieMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:57:00 AM
- CNN Anchor Calls Fox Nation 'Willfully Ignorant Fsticks'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:41:00 AM
- Dimension Unleashing James Wan's 'Demonic' in Theaters This DecemberMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:16:00 AM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Premiere Generates 263,000 More Tweets Than OriginalMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:07:00 AM
- CBS Television Studios Names Two New Drama Development ExecsMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:00:00 AM
- 'Gone Girl' Beauty Emily Ratajkowski Joins Zac Efron in 'We Are Your Frie
"While in the studio working early this morning, Chris suffered a nonepileptic seizure (NES)," his rep told Us in a statement. "He was not hospitalized."
The rep added, "His doctor tended to him this afternoon and attributes the NES to intense fatigue and extreme emotional stress, both due to the continued onslaught of unfounded legal matters and the nonstop negativity."
Indeed, the "Home" crooner seemed to not be in the best spirits this week. On Tuesday, a day after he spent 45 minutes in jail for a hit and run, he tweeted to his followers that he's may be ending his musical career.
"Don't worry, mainstream America," he wrote in a tweet that was later deleted. "After this X album, it'll probably be my last album."
"Being famous is amazing when it's for your music and talent," he continued. "I'm tired of being famous for a mistake I made when I was 18. I'm cool and over it!"
Brown was presumably alluding to his 2009 assault of his ex-girlfriend Rihanna.
The singer, who's currently linked to model Karrueche Tran, did get some support earlier this week from fellow R&B artist Jason Derulo. "The Other Side" singer, appearing on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen on Aug. 7, was asked about Brown's tweet, which hinted that his end in music was near.
"I just think there's a lot of pressure in the public eye and times can get really get rough for any performer," Derulo, 23, offered. "So keep him in your prayers and hope for the best for him."
On Saturday, Brown wrote, "They won't love u until u r a memory"
Brown's upcoming album, X, releases Aug. 26.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPool Party
From Crowd Ignite