Chris Martin: Gwyneth Paltrow Is The Only Serious Relationship I've Ever Had
- Photo: Paul Hadfield/Splash News1 of 20
- Photo: RICHARD DREW/Invision/AP2 of 20
- Photo: RM3/WENN3 of 20
- Photo: CKAA/ZDS/WENN4 of 20
- Photo: RG4/WENN5 of 20
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP6 of 20
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 20
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 20
- Photo: Thelonius/Splash News9 of 20
- Photo: Splash News10 of 20
- Photo: Dave M. Benett/Getty Images North America11 of 20
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com12 of 20
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN13 of 20
- Photo: Nathan Strange/Invision/AP14 of 20
- Photo: DWC/ZDS/WENN15 of 20
- Photo: STEVE SANDS/Bauer-Griffin16 of 20
- Photo: RICHARD YOUNG/StarTraks17 of 20
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/WENN18 of 20
- Photo: ZWAA/Will Alexander/WENN19 of 20
More Celeb News
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UKMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:34:00 PM
- Fox Reorganizes Development and Programming DepartmentsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Dan Harmon and Mitch Hurwitz Are Working on a Super-Secret ProjectMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Sean Combs Bids Reported $200 Million for Fuse TV NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:12:00 PM
- Psych's James Roday to Star in CBS Relationship Comedy PilotMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:07:00 PM
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UK
Chris Martin isn't about to take Gwyneth Paltrow for granted.
The 34-year-old feels really lucky to be married to the GOOP Goddess, and not just because she's the only serious romance he's ever had.
In an interview with "CBS Sunday Morning," Anthony Mason asked Martin if it was true that he'd only had "one serious relationship."
"[That's] right," the Coldplay frontman said. "I'm in it."
When Mason pointed out that Martin's lack of serious girlfriends in the past was "pretty unusual" and told him he'd made "quite a leap," the musician quipped: "It's a big leap? What, from being a loser, to going out with an Oscar winner?"
He laughingly continued: "It's a giant leap. Let's face it: it's like winning the lottery."
Martin and Paltrow, who said "I do" in 2003, are parents to Moses, 5, and Apple, 7.
So how has being a father changed Martin's professional life? "It's made it more focused," he said. "And you have a purpose. I like what it does. Just the idea of having to work hard so your kids are okay."
Anthony Mason's full interview with Coldplay and Chris Martin airs Oct. 16 at 9 a.m. EST on CBS Sunday Morning.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Oscar nominee Lupita Nyong’o shares her awards season journey (and meetings with Oprah, Sidney Poitier and the Dalai Lama!) on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Drunk In Love
Jessica Simpon, Gisele Bundchen and more celebs share intimate pics of their partners on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite