Chris Martin not a vegetarian post-Gwyneth Paltrow split
- Photo: Splash News1 of 16
- Photo: Masatoshi Okauchi/Rex/REX USA/Rex USA2 of 16
- Photo: MTRX/GSI3 of 16
- Photo: CKAA/ZDS/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA7 of 16
- Photo: Charley Gallay/Getty Images North America8 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Mario Magnani/GettyImages.com10 of 16
- Photo: Charley Gallay/Getty Images North America11 of 16
- Photo: Goop/.12 of 16
- Photo: Jack Plunkett/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Paul Treadway/Retna Ltd.14 of 16
- Photo: Colin Young-Wolff/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
Does this mean Chris Martin has to forfeit his 2005 Sexiest Vegetarian title? During an interview with BBC Radio 2's Steve Wright in the Afternoon on July 1, the Coldplay frontman, 37, revealed that he's no longer on a meat-free diet following his split from Gwyneth Paltrow.
Asked by host Steve Wright if he's still a vegetarian, Martin replied, "Well, not really," prompting Wright to say, "What do you mean 'not really'?"
"Well, I eat meat," the British singer answered, laughing. "I was vegetarian for quite a long time and then for various reasons I changed. My daughter's vegetarian since she was born, so I keep getting tempted to go back. I don't eat very much meat."
Pressed for more, Martin explained, "I felt like you should only eat something that you'd be able to kill...You know, could you kill a fish? I wouldn't like it, but I probably could, so I'll eat the fish. But a giraffe..."
Midway through his explanation, he paused and joked, "I don't know why on earth we're talking about this. I've gotta stop talking—this will be some kind of headline."
Martin's ex Paltrow, 41, is famously strict about her diet. In 2013, she told The Guardian she hadn't eaten red meat in two decades. "I hung out with Leonardo DiCaprio when I moved to New York. He was vegetarian, and he'd talk about how dirty meat is and how bad factory farming is," she explained. "I haven't eaten red meat in 20 years, and although Leo's not totally responsible, he definitely planted a seed."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite