Chris Martin not a vegetarian post-Gwyneth Paltrow split
- Photo: Splash News1 of 16
- Photo: Masatoshi Okauchi/Rex/REX USA/Rex USA2 of 16
- Photo: MTRX/GSI3 of 16
- Photo: CKAA/ZDS/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA7 of 16
- Photo: Charley Gallay/Getty Images North America8 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Mario Magnani/GettyImages.com10 of 16
- Photo: Charley Gallay/Getty Images North America11 of 16
- Photo: Goop/.12 of 16
- Photo: Jack Plunkett/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Paul Treadway/Retna Ltd.14 of 16
- Photo: Colin Young-Wolff/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Ratings: Halle Berry's 'Extant' Flat in New Time Period, Ties Rising &MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:37:00 AM
- Lorde to perform lead single, curate tracks for 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:23:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 11:10 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:10:19 AM
- Starz' 'Outlander' brings novels to life vibrantlyMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:01:52 AM
- New Mexico city OKs funds to lure 'The Bachelor'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:44:42 AM
- Ratings: Halle Berry's 'Extant' Flat in New Time Period, Ties Rising &
Does this mean Chris Martin has to forfeit his 2005 Sexiest Vegetarian title? During an interview with BBC Radio 2's Steve Wright in the Afternoon on July 1, the Coldplay frontman, 37, revealed that he's no longer on a meat-free diet following his split from Gwyneth Paltrow.
Asked by host Steve Wright if he's still a vegetarian, Martin replied, "Well, not really," prompting Wright to say, "What do you mean 'not really'?"
"Well, I eat meat," the British singer answered, laughing. "I was vegetarian for quite a long time and then for various reasons I changed. My daughter's vegetarian since she was born, so I keep getting tempted to go back. I don't eat very much meat."
Pressed for more, Martin explained, "I felt like you should only eat something that you'd be able to kill...You know, could you kill a fish? I wouldn't like it, but I probably could, so I'll eat the fish. But a giraffe..."
Midway through his explanation, he paused and joked, "I don't know why on earth we're talking about this. I've gotta stop talking—this will be some kind of headline."
Martin's ex Paltrow, 41, is famously strict about her diet. In 2013, she told The Guardian she hadn't eaten red meat in two decades. "I hung out with Leonardo DiCaprio when I moved to New York. He was vegetarian, and he'd talk about how dirty meat is and how bad factory farming is," she explained. "I haven't eaten red meat in 20 years, and although Leo's not totally responsible, he definitely planted a seed."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite