After Divorce, Struggling Christina Aguilera Relies on Mom, Friends
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Justin Lubin/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: MAC/Fame Pictures5 of 6
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
Christina Aguilera is opening up about her recent divorce from Jordan Bratman.
"It's not easy, and there have been a lot of tears and sadness," she tells the December issue of Redbook. "It's impossible to redefine yourself and your life overnight. Thankfully, I have my mom and a small group of close friends who are there for me 24/7 and whom I can trust and depend on. On days when it feels impossible to even get out of bed, much less function as a mother, their support and encouragement have kept me moving forward."
UsMagazine.com broke the news that Aguilera, 29, and Bratman, 33, were separating after nearly five years of marriage. Days after the report, she filed for divorce on Oct. 14.
Asked about the rumors (of infidelity on both sides) and whether she and Bratman had tried couples therapy to resolve their issues, she says, "Out of respect for my husband, I prefer to keep the specifics private. Right now, I'm just trying to figure out how to make it through each day.
Her main focus these days is her son, Max, who turns 3 in January. "Thankfully, I have Max to keep me on a sane path," she says. "His needs and happiness are my top priorities, and my biggest concern is to protect him and make him feel safe."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPrivacy Request
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite