Ciara debuts a short bob haircut: All the details
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/Invision/AP2 of 7
- Photo: @Ciara/Instagram3 of 7
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage4 of 7
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage5 of 7
- Photo: Xavier Collin/Retna Ltd.6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Ratings: ABC's 'Resurrection' Debuts BigMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:36:00 AM
- 'True Detective': What We Know About Season 2MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:21:00 AM
- ABC Drama 'Resurrection' Sparks Social Media Buzz Even If People Can't SMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:19:00 AM
- 20th Century Fox TV Distribution Promotes Kristen Finney to SVP, Worldwide Pay TV and SVODMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:14:00 AM
- William Guarnere, 'Band of Brothers' Character and WWII Vet, Dead at 90MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 7:41:00 AM
- Ratings: ABC's 'Resurrection' Debuts Big
And another one gets the cut! Ciara debuted her chic new short bob at the Tate Americas Foundation Artists Dinner in NYC on May 8. With her hair cut to just above her chin, colored a pretty shade of blonde, and styled into a deep side part, the singer looked gorgeous in a sophisticated long-sleeved gown.
That same day, Ciara, 27, Instagrammed a shot of her glamorous new hairstyle and wrote, "We Wear Short Short.." referencing the famous Nair jingle from the '80s. The photograph has so far elicited more than 55,000 likes.
Stylist Cesar Ramirez, who gave the singer her cut, tells Us Weekly he was inspired "by her cool-girl edgy style." "I wanted to do something that was fashion-forward and fresh by mixing a bit of rocker edge with some old-school hip hop flare. The color (baylayage) is a bit lighter and warmer for summer with a natural base/root, and the cut is a razored short bob with a disconnected heavy fringe," he explains. To style it, he recommends using Loreal Texture Expert Densite Thickening Primer, some Davines OI/Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion, and a T3 Tourmaline hair dryer.
Besides Ciara, quite a few other stars have succumbed to the allure of the bob/lob style this year: Nicole Richie, Naomi Watts, Nikki Reed, Jennifer Lawrence, and Jaimie Alexander all debuted similar 'dos in 2013.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Crowd Ignite