- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: ciara/Instagram2 of 9
- Photo: kimkardashian/Instagram3 of 9
- Photo: lala/Instagram4 of 9
- Photo: ciara/Instagram5 of 9
- Photo: Reuters/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: VLNY / Zodiac/Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
By Jessica Wedemeyer, reporting by Heather Newgen
Ciara is certainly keeping up with the Kardashians. Well, with bestie Kim Kardashian, at least! The singer is set to follow in her famous friend's footsteps when she welcomes her first child later this year, and she couldn't be more excited about the prospect of sharing her experience as a first-time mom with her longtime pal.
"We haven't talked about play dates, but we've talked about when my baby comes and the fun we can have [together] as moms," Ciara told Wonderwall at the Safe Kids Day celebration in Los Angeles.
RELATED: Celeb girlfriends
The "Like a Boy" singer has also tapped her BFF, who attended her baby shower in March, as a resource for surprisingly practical parenting advice: "One thing [Kim] said that I believe is so true is that you kind of create your own system [of parenting] that works for you," Ciara said "There are things I can't talk about -- like breastfeeding … But she showed me how [the stroller I love] moves and how it works. We've had really fun moments like that."
In addition to getting the lowdown on parenting from her famous friend, Ciara -- who admits gearing up for her new addition is "more of a mental prep for me right now" -- is putting the finishing touches on her baby's bedroom and finding joy in the small miracles of pregnancy.
RELATED: Celebs having babies in 2014
"What has been fun at times is feeling my baby randomly kick," she said. "I'll just be sitting there and I don't know how or when the kicks are going to come. It's a crazy but sweet feeling."
Another sweet feeling? The support of her fiance and the father of her child, rapper Future.
"He's been so sweet," Ciara gushed. "I think sometimes I drive him crazy, but it's been really cool. We found a good balance so I'm enjoying it."
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite