- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: ciara/Instagram2 of 9
- Photo: kimkardashian/Instagram3 of 9
- Photo: lala/Instagram4 of 9
- Photo: ciara/Instagram5 of 9
- Photo: Reuters/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: VLNY / Zodiac/Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
By Jessica Wedemeyer, reporting by Heather Newgen
Ciara is certainly keeping up with the Kardashians. Well, with bestie Kim Kardashian, at least! The singer is set to follow in her famous friend's footsteps when she welcomes her first child later this year, and she couldn't be more excited about the prospect of sharing her experience as a first-time mom with her longtime pal.
"We haven't talked about play dates, but we've talked about when my baby comes and the fun we can have [together] as moms," Ciara told Wonderwall at the Safe Kids Day celebration in Los Angeles.
RELATED: Celeb girlfriends
The "Like a Boy" singer has also tapped her BFF, who attended her baby shower in March, as a resource for surprisingly practical parenting advice: "One thing [Kim] said that I believe is so true is that you kind of create your own system [of parenting] that works for you," Ciara said "There are things I can't talk about -- like breastfeeding … But she showed me how [the stroller I love] moves and how it works. We've had really fun moments like that."
In addition to getting the lowdown on parenting from her famous friend, Ciara -- who admits gearing up for her new addition is "more of a mental prep for me right now" -- is putting the finishing touches on her baby's bedroom and finding joy in the small miracles of pregnancy.
RELATED: Celebs having babies in 2014
"What has been fun at times is feeling my baby randomly kick," she said. "I'll just be sitting there and I don't know how or when the kicks are going to come. It's a crazy but sweet feeling."
Another sweet feeling? The support of her fiance and the father of her child, rapper Future.
"He's been so sweet," Ciara gushed. "I think sometimes I drive him crazy, but it's been really cool. We found a good balance so I'm enjoying it."
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite