Cissy Houston writing book about Whitney Houston
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP2 of 13
- Photo: © Larry Busacca/Retna Ltd.3 of 13
- Photo: Starstock/Photoshot Photo/Retna Ltd.4 of 13
- Photo: Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: Paul Smith/Retna Digital8 of 13
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: Tristar Pictures/Promotional10 of 13
- Photo: Larry Busacca/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 9:49 a.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 5:40:16 AM
- Outtakes from OscarWrap Magazine Shoots (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 10:57:49 PM
- John Lasseter, Disney Legends Celebrate 90 Years and Campaign for 'Frozen'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 10:34:46 PM
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: 5 Fleshy, Lace-Draped MomentsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:45:29 PM
- 10 Eye-Popping Stills From Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:14:57 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 9:49 a.m. EST
By The Associated Press
NEW YORK (AP) -- Whitney Houston's triumphant, heartbreaking life is being remembered in a book by her mother.
RELATED: Friends Remember Whitney Houston
Singer Cissy Houston has a deal with HarperCollins for a memoir it says will reveal the "unabridged and unbelievable story" of her Grammy Award-winning daughter, who died in a Beverly Hills, Calif., hotel bathtub in February at age 48.
HarperCollins announced Monday the currently untitled book is scheduled to come out next February.
Financial terms haven't been disclosed. But a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, N.J., where Whitney Houston sang as a child.
HarperCollins says Cissy Houston will write about her daughter's drug problems and her marriage to Bobby Brown and will reflect on her own grief.
RELATED: In Memoriam: Whitney Houston
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Chris Daughtry dishes on his major body transformation, keeping chickens, making his marriage work and more!Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Alessandra Ambrosio talks to Wonderwall about getting fit for the VS Fashion Show, her thoughts about Kate Upton, and more.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite