Kelly Clarkson: 'Music's aged me'
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Josh Anderson/Retna Digital2 of 16
- Photo: WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage.com4 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Robb D. Cohen/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: REED SAXON/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Scope Australia/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Deborah Law/Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Retna Ltd.14 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Exclusive: General Hospital Supercouple Nancy Lee Grahn, William deVry Answer Fan QuestionsMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 8:59:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Extant' Drifts Down From Second EpisodeMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 8:56:00 AM
- Kelsey Grammer is a dad againMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 7:50:19 AM
- Shia LaBeouf given plea deal deadline in courtMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 7:27:09 AM
- Do Supernatural Shows Need a Human Element?MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 7:14:00 AM
- Exclusive: General Hospital Supercouple Nancy Lee Grahn, William deVry Answer Fan Questions
Kelly Clarkson "hit rock bottom" when her career took off following her American Idol win - because she worked non-stop for four years.
The "Miss Independent" hit-maker won the inaugural contest in 2002 and went on to release two albums by 2004.
Clarkson promoted the releases around the globe, but her packed schedule had a bad effect on her health and she took time out from the spotlight to recover.
And the 29 year old admits the years of working non-stop have aged her considerably.
She tells Britain's Closer magazine, "I feel like I'm 45. Because my career went from zero to 100, there was no 'growing'. I learnt well under pressure, but like, four years passed by and I hit rock bottom. It was four years of non-stop (work).
"(Second album) Breakaway just exploded everywhere. Everyone was making a lot of money, so everyone was pushing the train.
"That's when it finally all caught up with me. I came down with 'walking pneumonia' for the second time in a year. My body was physically giving up. I took six months off and went home. I love working, but at the end of the day you've got to take care of yourself."
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite