Kelly Clarkson: 'Music's aged me'
- Photo: PH3/HSS/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Josh Anderson/Retna Digital2 of 16
- Photo: WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage.com4 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Robb D. Cohen/Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: REED SAXON/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Scope Australia/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Deborah Law/Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Retna Ltd.14 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
Kelly Clarkson "hit rock bottom" when her career took off following her American Idol win - because she worked non-stop for four years.
The "Miss Independent" hit-maker won the inaugural contest in 2002 and went on to release two albums by 2004.
Clarkson promoted the releases around the globe, but her packed schedule had a bad effect on her health and she took time out from the spotlight to recover.
And the 29 year old admits the years of working non-stop have aged her considerably.
She tells Britain's Closer magazine, "I feel like I'm 45. Because my career went from zero to 100, there was no 'growing'. I learnt well under pressure, but like, four years passed by and I hit rock bottom. It was four years of non-stop (work).
"(Second album) Breakaway just exploded everywhere. Everyone was making a lot of money, so everyone was pushing the train.
"That's when it finally all caught up with me. I came down with 'walking pneumonia' for the second time in a year. My body was physically giving up. I took six months off and went home. I love working, but at the end of the day you've got to take care of yourself."
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite