- Photo: EP / WUF / Splash News/Splash News1 of 6
- Photo: EP / WUF / Splash News/Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: EP / WUF/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: EP / WUF/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: EP / WUF/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:51:00 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Opening Day Universal's Best-Ever in U.K.MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:26:21 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Much Ado About Absolutely EverythingMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 7:31:58 AM
- The Curious Case of Benicio del Toro in 'Jimmy P'MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 3:29:59 AM
- Wentworth Media Launches to Finance, Produce MoviesMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 2:00:07 AM
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The music world celebrated Grammy weekend at tributes, rehearsals, parties and styling suites.
Here's a look:
Jennifer Hudson paid tribute to Barbra Streisand in song, Mary J. Blige gave a gut-wrenching performance in honor of her musical mentor and Rihanna made more than a fashion statement as the stars aligned for Clive Davis' annual pre-Grammy blowout.
RELATED: Rihanna photos
Davis' party is always a must for the music industry's A-listers, and they were out in force at the Beverly Hilton Hotel for Saturday's gala: Jay-Z, Taylor Swift, the Black Eyed Peas, Jane Fonda, Usher, Quincy Jones, Wyclef Jean, Akon, Carrie Underwood and more mingled together at the exclusive event.
Rihanna hung out with gal pal Katy Perry and Perry's new fiance, comedian Russell Brand, for much of the evening. Her appearance was notable because it was after she and then-boyfriend Chris Brown attended the Davis party last year that Brown assaulted her.
This year, she partied with friends like Drake as she wowed onlookers with an asymmetrical dress made completely of tool, making her look like she was dressed in a cotton candy confection.
Onstage, there were performances from the likes of Peas, Blige, Carrie Underwood, Maxwell, Harry Connick Jr., and Jamie Foxx. The Peas, who are up for six Grammys, performed their hit "Boom Boom Pow," then Fergie was joined by Slash as she performed the Guns N' Roses classic, "Sweet Child of Mine," which garnered applause — but not enough for will.i.am's liking.
"Usually Fergie and Slash on stage would have brought down the house. This ain't no boogie (expletive)," he admonished the crowd. "Music industry, we can't be spoiled," he said before launching into the Peas' Grammy-nominated smash, "I Gotta Feeling."
It was Streisand's first time at the party, and Davis orchestrated for Hudson to sing rousing renditions of "People" and "The Way We Were." But the evening — which started at 7 p.m. — ran over five hours, and by the time Hudson performed, virtually every top celebrity had abandoned ship.
Their absences were not lost on Davis.
"You know it's less than three hours of music," he told the crowd that remained as the event was coming to a close. "If you can't take it, you're in the wrong business."
Ke$ha — who has the No. 1 song in the country with her dance groove "TiK ToK" — spent part of Saturday afternoon at the Grammys Styling Studio, picking out accessories and other fashions available for talent who are taking part of the show.
While she's not up for any awards, the singer is presenting the best new artist category. Ke$ha's debut album was released this month, and she hopes next year she'll be at the Grammys for a different reason.
"It's been a dream of mine to go to the Grammys. Now that I'm gonna be on the stage it's pretty surreal, so I can only dream that maybe next year I can find my name in one of the categories," she said.
And while she's dominated the airwaves with her party girl anthem, she took a bit of offense — playfully, of course — when she was described as such on Saturday.
"Define party girl, because yeah, I'm a walking good time, but I'm not like some starlet who goes out, doesn't wear underwear, gets a DUI," said Ke$ha.
RELATED: Grammy nominees out and about
"I'm so not that girl. But I am like a walking good time, but I'm having a good time just walking around here. I feel like a more proper title for myself would be a dance commander," she said.
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersMiranda Kerr, Katy Perry, and Bjork all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Wants PrivacySelena Gomez doesn't like everyone knowing about her relationship with Justin Bieber, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Baby FaceCheck out the first pic of Malin Akerman's son -- a closeup of his adorable face -- on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite