Cobain's daughter buys first home with his fortune
- Photo: VPB/WENN1 of 18
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin2 of 18
- Photo: CPG/DH4/LBG/ZOJ/WENN3 of 18
- Photo: AB1/WENN4 of 18
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage.com5 of 18
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin6 of 18
- Photo: Cliff Sobel/Splash News7 of 18
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin8 of 18
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin9 of 18
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN10 of 18
- Photo: WENN11 of 18
- Photo: INB/WENN12 of 18
- Photo: WENN13 of 18
- Photo: Dan Jackman/WENN14 of 18
- Photo: PS3/WENN15 of 18
- Photo: WENN16 of 18
- Photo: WENN17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Why Is California Tripling Film and TV Tax Credits While Other States Slash Them?MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Story of Frozen Special Reflects on Movie's Magic; Producer Confirms Broadway PlansMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'
Late rock icon Kurt Cobain's daughter has bought her first home after inheriting a huge chunk of her father's fortune last year.
Frances Bean Cobain was handed 37 percent of the Nirvana star's estate when she turned 18 in August last year and has decided to use her money wisely by investing in property, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The teen, who is estranged from her mother, Courtney Love, has bought a $1.8 million home in West Hollywood. The two-story property sits in a quiet neighborhood a few minutes away from the Sunset Strip and boasts four bedrooms and three bathrooms.
The purchase comes just weeks after Nirvana's iconic "Nevermind" album marked its 20th anniversary last month. Frances Bean was close to turning 2 when her father committed suicide in 1994.
She has lived with her grandmother, Wendy O'Connor, since a bust-up with Love in 2009.
RELATED: The most famous celeb interns
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite