Connor Cruise: My Relationship With Mom Nicole Kidman Is 'Solid'
- Photo: WENN/Picasa/Invision/AP1 of 14
- Photo: Wonderwall2 of 14
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP3 of 14
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage4 of 14
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Invision/AP5 of 14
- Photo: WireImage6 of 14
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP7 of 14
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP8 of 14
- Photo: Terma/SL/Fame Flynet9 of 14
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 14
- Photo: AKIF/GSI11 of 14
- Photo: MICHAEL CAULFIELD/Invision/AP12 of 14
- Photo: Fame Flynet13 of 14
More Celeb News
- 4 Reasons Why We're Frustrated with The Mindy ProjectMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:21:00 PM
- 'Space Station 76' Review: Liv Tyler and Matt Bomer Find Lust in Space in This ParMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:15:00 PM
- 'Black Jesus' Star Andra Fuller to Play Sabers Owner's Son on BET&apoMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Bill Maher's 'Live From DC' Is HBO's Most-Watched Comedy SpecialMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 3:52:00 PM
- Netflix's 'Daredevil' Casts 'Bourne' Star Scott GlennMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 4 Reasons Why We're Frustrated with The Mindy Project
Connor Cruise's relationship with mom Nicole Kidman is just fine, thank you very much. Though it's been years since the "Grace of Monaco" actress was photographed with either of her two eldest children -- son Connor, 19, and daughter Isabella, 21, her kids with ex-husband Tom Cruise -- Connor says they're on great terms.
"I love my mum," the aspiring DJ told Woman's Day Australia in a recent interview. Then, referring to rumors that he is estranged from the Australian star, now mom to two younger daughters with second husband Keith Urban, he added, "I don't care what people say, I know that me and Mum are solid."
"I love her a lot," he continued. "My family means everything. Yeah, I love my music, but the family comes before everything else."
Kidman's relationship with her older children has been the subject of much speculation in recent years, ever since she married Urban in 2006. Back in 2007, she was quoted as telling GMTV that Connor and Bella called her Nicole instead of mom. And in 2010, she lamented that they'd chosen to be with their dad after her 2001 divorce from Cruise.
"They live with Tom, which was their choice," the Hours Oscar winner told Hello! magazine. "I'd love them to live with us, but what can you do?"
(Cruise divorced third wife Katie Holmes in the summer of 2012; the exes share daughter Suri, 7.)
Budding artist Bella has said in the past that the family is still "close," but she also admitted that she sees her mom only "sometimes." That's due in part to geography; Kidman and Urban, parents to daughter Sunday Rose, 5, and Faith Margaret, 3, split their time between Australia and Nashville.
"Isabella does still speak to Nicole, as does Connor, just not as much as they used to when they were younger and Tom and Nicole were together," a source told Us Weekly back in 2012. "Nicole is far away and doesn't visit L.A. often so there's naturally going to be that distance."
Kidman, for her part, has not spoken much about her relationship with Connor and Bella, except to say she respects their choices. "I've chosen not to speak publicly about Scientology," she told Vanity Fair last year. "I have two children who are Scientologists -- Connor and Isabella -- and I utterly respect their beliefs."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Katy Perry, and Naomi Campbell all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julia Roberts, Kelly Rowland, and Krysten Ritter all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Jordin Sparks, and Nicole Richie all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candice Swanepoel, Sarah Jessica Parker, and La La Anthony all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Blake Lively, Olivia Wilde, and Lindsay Lohan all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMovie Magic
From Crowd Ignite