Country star George Jones remains hospitalized
- Photo: MARK HUMPHREY/Invision/AP1 of 4
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: JOHN RUSSELL/Invision/AP3 of 4
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 9:49 a.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 5:40:16 AM
- Outtakes from OscarWrap Magazine Shoots (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 10:57:49 PM
- John Lasseter, Disney Legends Celebrate 90 Years and Campaign for 'Frozen'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 10:34:46 PM
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: 5 Fleshy, Lace-Draped MomentsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:45:29 PM
- 10 Eye-Popping Stills From Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:14:57 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 9:49 a.m. EST
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- A publicist for country star George Jones is knocking down a rumor that he is suffering from pneumonia.
RELATED: Country Crooners: Who Said it?
Kirt Webster said Friday night that Jones remains hospitalized in Nashville with an upper respiratory infection. He is receiving antibiotics and doctors expect him to stay until Tuesday. The 80-year-old singer was admitted Thursday.
RELATED: Photos: 2011 ACM Awards
Jones released a statement saying "thanks to all my fans and friends for their prayers and support during this time."
RELATED: Celebs Gone Country
The Saratoga, Texas, native is known for several classic country hits, including "White Lightning" and "He Stopped Loving Her Today."
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Alessandra Ambrosio talks to Wonderwall about getting fit for the VS Fashion Show, her thoughts about Kate Upton, and more.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFuneral Plans
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite