Court deal reached on managing Etta James' estate
- Photo: MS7/WENN1 of 8
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: Carrie Devorah/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: Retna Digital5 of 8
- Photo: WireImage.com6 of 8
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:58:45 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel's High Frame Rate Theaters Nearly Doubled But Warner BroMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:36:29 PM
- Leighton Meester to Make Broadway Debut Opposite James Franco in 'Of Mice and Men'MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 9:00:07 PM
- How Hollywood Infiltrated Miami's Art Basel (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:56:35 PM
- '20 Feet From Stardom' Stars to Sing National Anthem at Rose BowlMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:04:02 PM
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' Awards
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) -- The husband and sons of terminally ill blues singer Etta James ("At Last," "Tell Mama") have reached a deal on managing her $1 million estate and medical care.
The 73-year-old singer's doctor disclosed last week that James is terminally ill with chronic leukemia, dementia and kidney problems.
Her adult sons Donto and Sametto had challenged the decisions of their stepfather, Artis Mills, who married the singer in 1969 and is the estate's conservator.
RELATED: Year in Review: In Memoriam 2011
Donto James asked a Riverside County judge to appoint him temporary conservator. But The Riverside Press-Enterprise says Monday's agreement keeps Mills in place as conservator.
At issue was the amount of money available to Mills for the expenses and care of the singer. He wanted $500,000, while the sons wanted it capped at $100,000.
The judge set it at $350,000.
RELATED: The Year in Celebrity News 2011
Khloe Kardashian, Jennifer Hudson, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite