Courtney Love Denies Wages Claim by Ex-Assistant
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks1 of 10
- Photo: Turgeon/Rocke/Splash News2 of 10
- Photo: C. Smith/WENN3 of 10
- Photo: HBE/HSS/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 10
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN6 of 10
- Photo: Bennett Raglin/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage8 of 10
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- A24 Adds Distribution Exec Heath Shapiro to Growing RanksMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 10:28:45 AM
- 'Breaking Bad,' 'Orange Is the New Black' Among Writers Guild&amMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 10:07:55 AM
- 'American Hustle' Reviews: Do Critics Think David O. Russell's Latest is MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 9:48:23 AM
- Dustin Diamond Regrets 'Saved By the Bell' Book; Claims 'Celebrity Fit ClMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 9:38:40 AM
- Oscar Hopefuls Facing Make-or-Break Time at the Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 9:03:39 AM
- A24 Adds Distribution Exec Heath Shapiro to Growing Ranks
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Courtney Love disputes a lawsuit filed by a former assistant, who is suing the rocker over unpaid wages and claiming she made unethical requests, including instructing her to hire a hacker and falsify legal letters.
Jessica Labrie filed the wrongful termination, wage and breach of contract lawsuit in Los Angeles on Tuesday.
"The allegations are completely unfounded and are being made with malice by a disgruntled former employee," Love said in a statement released Wednesday.
The suit states Labrie worked as Love's administrative assistant for about a year in 2010 and 2011 but was fired after complaining she was owed thousands in unpaid wages and expenses for business trips. The lawsuit claims Labrie suffered from headaches, insomnia and other medical conditions as a result of Love's conduct.
Her attorney, Joshua Gruenberg, says Love wanted a hacker to change records to businesses she owned or believed she owned, but Labrie refused.
Girls Night Out
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Check out some of Ryan Gosling's hottest moments from over the years.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite