Courtney Love Denies Wages Claim by Ex-Assistant
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks1 of 10
- Photo: Turgeon/Rocke/Splash News2 of 10
- Photo: C. Smith/WENN3 of 10
- Photo: HBE/HSS/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 10
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN6 of 10
- Photo: Bennett Raglin/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage8 of 10
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Showtime's 'Californication' Returns for 7th and Final Season in AprilMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 11:21:21 AM
- Broadcast Shows Nearly As Violent as Cable, Study FindsMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 10:53:47 AM
- 'Bonnie & Clyde' Mini Delivers 9.8 Million Viewers for A&E NetworkMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 10:33:14 AM
- CBS Orders Mark Burnett, Roma Downey Miniseries 'Dovekeepers'MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 10:26:31 AM
- 'Suits' Returning to USA Network Thursdays as Lead-in for Denis Leary Comedy &MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 10:15:54 AM
- Showtime's 'Californication' Returns for 7th and Final Season in April
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Courtney Love disputes a lawsuit filed by a former assistant, who is suing the rocker over unpaid wages and claiming she made unethical requests, including instructing her to hire a hacker and falsify legal letters.
Jessica Labrie filed the wrongful termination, wage and breach of contract lawsuit in Los Angeles on Tuesday.
"The allegations are completely unfounded and are being made with malice by a disgruntled former employee," Love said in a statement released Wednesday.
The suit states Labrie worked as Love's administrative assistant for about a year in 2010 and 2011 but was fired after complaining she was owed thousands in unpaid wages and expenses for business trips. The lawsuit claims Labrie suffered from headaches, insomnia and other medical conditions as a result of Love's conduct.
Her attorney, Joshua Gruenberg, says Love wanted a hacker to change records to businesses she owned or believed she owned, but Labrie refused.
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Khloe Kardashian, Jennifer Hudson, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite