Courtney Love facing eviction from New York home
- Photo: WENN1 of 17
- Photo: WENN2 of 17
- Photo: HBE/HSS/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: Tobin Yelland/Blixah/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks6 of 17
- Photo: Splash News7 of 17
- Photo: SI1/http://www.wenn.com/8 of 17
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/WENN9 of 17
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: WENN11 of 17
- Photo: INB/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: KPA/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: WENN15 of 17
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Liam Mulligan is on the case in 'Providence Rag'MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 5:49:00 AM
- Lena Dunham Reacts to Naked Critics Makes, Deletes Molestation Joke on TwitterMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:14:00 PM
- Katie Couric to Interview Michael Bloomberg for YahooMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:57:00 PM
- Lindsay Lohan Is a 'Prisoner' on OWN Series: 'It's My Last Shot&MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:24:00 PM
- Emerson College Opens L.A. Campus on Sunset Blvd. With Hollywood Gala (Photos)MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Liam Mulligan is on the case in 'Providence Rag'
Courtney Love is facing eviction from her New York home after infuriating her landlady, who says she has fallen behind on her rent and changed the decor without permission.
The Hole rocker moved into the Manhattan townhouse earlier this year, and she made headlines in June when a candle set her curtains on fire and caused a small blaze.
PHOTOS: Trouble With the Law 2011
The building's owner, Donna Lyon, is now preparing for a legal battle with Love, claiming she owes more than $50,000 in rent.
Lyon tells the New York Post, "It was decorated by the previous owner, interior designer Steven Gambrel. One of the requirements of the lease is that nothing should be done to the interiors. Courtney has wallpapered and painted a large portion of the property without my consent.
"I learned about this when I wanted to sell the house and had photographs taken. They sent me the brochure and I said, 'This can't be my property.' I came to New York to see it and I was horrified by what she had done. The walls that had been hand-painted and glazed were ruined, covered in damask wallpaper and ice-blue paint."
PHOTOS: Funniest Celeb Singing Faces
She says of the house fire, "I got a call from her accountant, who said, 'Miss Love is fine,' which I was glad to hear, but I thought, 'What about the house?'"
The civil case will go to court in Manhattan on Dec. 21.
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite