Courtney Love facing eviction from New York home
- Photo: WENN1 of 17
- Photo: WENN2 of 17
- Photo: HBE/HSS/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: Tobin Yelland/Blixah/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks6 of 17
- Photo: Splash News7 of 17
- Photo: SI1/http://www.wenn.com/8 of 17
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/WENN9 of 17
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: WENN11 of 17
- Photo: INB/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: KPA/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: WENN15 of 17
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin16 of 17
More Celeb News
- 'Birdman' Venice Review: Michael Keaton as an Actor With Caped-Crusader IssuesMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:34:00 AM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Death: Say Goodbye toMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 12:29:00 AM
- Black TV Producer Wrongly Detained in Beverly Hills Says 'Ferguson Resonated In My Mind&MSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 11:09:00 PM
- Emmys 2014: TheWrap's Complete CoverageMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 9:51:00 PM
- The 6 Best Moments From The 'Chelsea Lately' Series FinaleMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 9:49:00 PM
- 'Birdman' Venice Review: Michael Keaton as an Actor With Caped-Crusader Issues
Courtney Love is facing eviction from her New York home after infuriating her landlady, who says she has fallen behind on her rent and changed the decor without permission.
The Hole rocker moved into the Manhattan townhouse earlier this year, and she made headlines in June when a candle set her curtains on fire and caused a small blaze.
PHOTOS: Trouble With the Law 2011
The building's owner, Donna Lyon, is now preparing for a legal battle with Love, claiming she owes more than $50,000 in rent.
Lyon tells the New York Post, "It was decorated by the previous owner, interior designer Steven Gambrel. One of the requirements of the lease is that nothing should be done to the interiors. Courtney has wallpapered and painted a large portion of the property without my consent.
"I learned about this when I wanted to sell the house and had photographs taken. They sent me the brochure and I said, 'This can't be my property.' I came to New York to see it and I was horrified by what she had done. The walls that had been hand-painted and glazed were ruined, covered in damask wallpaper and ice-blue paint."
PHOTOS: Funniest Celeb Singing Faces
She says of the house fire, "I got a call from her accountant, who said, 'Miss Love is fine,' which I was glad to hear, but I thought, 'What about the house?'"
The civil case will go to court in Manhattan on Dec. 21.
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAnother Go
From Crowd Ignite