Courtney Love facing eviction from New York home
- Photo: WENN1 of 17
- Photo: WENN2 of 17
- Photo: HBE/HSS/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: Tobin Yelland/Blixah/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks6 of 17
- Photo: Splash News7 of 17
- Photo: SI1/http://www.wenn.com/8 of 17
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/WENN9 of 17
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: WENN11 of 17
- Photo: INB/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: KPA/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: WENN15 of 17
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Remaining U.S. Tour Dates After HospitalizationMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:52:00 PM
- White House Responds to Justin Bieber Deportation PetitionMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:41:00 PM
- White House Responds to 'Deport Justin Bieber' Petition: Is This the End for Our FMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 1:49:00 PM
- Apple Maps Discovers 'Loch Ness Monster,' World Discovers Apple Maps (Photos)MSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 12:09:00 PM
- Bryan Singer's Lawyer Claims the 'X-Men' Director Was Not in Hawaii DurinMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 11:03:00 AM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Remaining U.S. Tour Dates After Hospitalization
Courtney Love is facing eviction from her New York home after infuriating her landlady, who says she has fallen behind on her rent and changed the decor without permission.
The Hole rocker moved into the Manhattan townhouse earlier this year, and she made headlines in June when a candle set her curtains on fire and caused a small blaze.
PHOTOS: Trouble With the Law 2011
The building's owner, Donna Lyon, is now preparing for a legal battle with Love, claiming she owes more than $50,000 in rent.
Lyon tells the New York Post, "It was decorated by the previous owner, interior designer Steven Gambrel. One of the requirements of the lease is that nothing should be done to the interiors. Courtney has wallpapered and painted a large portion of the property without my consent.
"I learned about this when I wanted to sell the house and had photographs taken. They sent me the brochure and I said, 'This can't be my property.' I came to New York to see it and I was horrified by what she had done. The walls that had been hand-painted and glazed were ruined, covered in damask wallpaper and ice-blue paint."
PHOTOS: Funniest Celeb Singing Faces
She says of the house fire, "I got a call from her accountant, who said, 'Miss Love is fine,' which I was glad to hear, but I thought, 'What about the house?'"
The civil case will go to court in Manhattan on Dec. 21.
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite