Courtney Love gets candid about Kurt's suicide and her failed relationship with daughter
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: KPA/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: WENN3 of 16
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin4 of 16
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin5 of 16
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin6 of 16
- Photo: Cliff Sobel/Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: STEVE SANDS/Bauer-Griffin8 of 16
- Photo: Dan Jackman/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: INB/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: WENN11 of 16
- Photo: WENN12 of 16
- Photo: WENN13 of 16
- Photo: PS3/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: JM5/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
Reported by WENN
Opening up during a candid interview with editors at Vanity Fair magazine, Courtney Love reveals she is still angry with husband Kurt Cobain for taking his own life. She also discusses her relationship with their daughter, Frances Bean.
About Cobain, Love says she'd "kill him" if she had the chance.
The Nirvana rocker committed suicide in April 1994, leaving Love alone to care for their daughter, Frances Bean.
She admits she was left to clean up his messy financial struggles and pick up the pieces of his shattered life, while trying to be a mom.
In a new Vanity Fair interview, she says, "If he (Cobain) came back right now I'd have to kill him, for what he did to us. I'd f**king kill him. I'd f**k him, and then I'd kill him.
In the interview, Love is still reeling with guilt over the failed relationship with her estranged daughter, Frances Bean, saying she'd "give anything" to repair their bond.
The singer and Cobain welcomed Frances in 1992, but the child was placed in protective custody due to Love's long-running drug problems and, upon reaching her 18th birthday, she filed for emancipation from her mother.
Love told Vanity Fair she still feels responsible for failing her daughter as a parent, noting the young girl didn't learn to read until she was seven and she was often teased by fellow schoolchildren who called her "crack baby."
She says, "It was my fault! I never read to her ...! Why didn't I ever take her to a Broadway show? She f**king loved those Broadway musicals! All I can feel is how much I love her. I'd give anything to hear the sound of her heels walking down the hall past my bedroom."
RELATED: The Shortlist for Oct. 5
And Love adds she was particularly heartbroken when she came across Frances' diary, and discovered she wasn't on her daughter's "Things That Make Me Happy" list.
She continues, "Why am I not on it? Why doesn't she put 'watching old movies with my mom'?"
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWore it Better?
From Crowd Ignite