Courtney Love gets candid about Kurt's suicide and her failed relationship with daughter
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: KPA/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: WENN3 of 16
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin4 of 16
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin5 of 16
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin6 of 16
- Photo: Cliff Sobel/Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: STEVE SANDS/Bauer-Griffin8 of 16
- Photo: Dan Jackman/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: INB/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: WENN11 of 16
- Photo: WENN12 of 16
- Photo: WENN13 of 16
- Photo: PS3/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: JM5/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/13/2013 3:53:18 AM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. EST
Reported by WENN
Opening up during a candid interview with editors at Vanity Fair magazine, Courtney Love reveals she is still angry with husband Kurt Cobain for taking his own life. She also discusses her relationship with their daughter, Frances Bean.
About Cobain, Love says she'd "kill him" if she had the chance.
The Nirvana rocker committed suicide in April 1994, leaving Love alone to care for their daughter, Frances Bean.
She admits she was left to clean up his messy financial struggles and pick up the pieces of his shattered life, while trying to be a mom.
In a new Vanity Fair interview, she says, "If he (Cobain) came back right now I'd have to kill him, for what he did to us. I'd f**king kill him. I'd f**k him, and then I'd kill him.
In the interview, Love is still reeling with guilt over the failed relationship with her estranged daughter, Frances Bean, saying she'd "give anything" to repair their bond.
The singer and Cobain welcomed Frances in 1992, but the child was placed in protective custody due to Love's long-running drug problems and, upon reaching her 18th birthday, she filed for emancipation from her mother.
Love told Vanity Fair she still feels responsible for failing her daughter as a parent, noting the young girl didn't learn to read until she was seven and she was often teased by fellow schoolchildren who called her "crack baby."
She says, "It was my fault! I never read to her ...! Why didn't I ever take her to a Broadway show? She f**king loved those Broadway musicals! All I can feel is how much I love her. I'd give anything to hear the sound of her heels walking down the hall past my bedroom."
RELATED: The Shortlist for Oct. 5
And Love adds she was particularly heartbroken when she came across Frances' diary, and discovered she wasn't on her daughter's "Things That Make Me Happy" list.
She continues, "Why am I not on it? Why doesn't she put 'watching old movies with my mom'?"
Kristen Stewart, Paula Abdul, and Kim Kardashian all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Find out why Lena Dunham, Jaden Smith, and Rihanna need fashion resolutions for 2014.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "That '70s Show" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTwitPics of 2013
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite