Courtney Love: I'm not crazy
- Photo: Premiere/Rocstar/CPR/Miguel/FAME/Fame Flynet1 of 6
- Photo: Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: Bennett Raglin/WireImage3 of 6
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Turgeon/Rocke/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
Rocker Courtney Love laughs off reports suggesting she's "crazy", because she knows for sure she isn't, thanks to a medical overhaul.
RELATED: Hollywood's most controversial moms
After a series of drug issues and legal and financial woes, the former Hole star began to believe the hype that perhaps there was something wrong with her mentally - and so she visited a doctor for a thorough check-up.
She tells Bust magazine, "If anybody could have ever proven me to be crazy, they certainly would have. And it's never happened.
"Technically, in the sense of being bipolar, manic-depressive, or any of that stuff, it's just not true. I mean, have I gone online and ranted and raved about my finances? Abso-f--king-lutely. Without any filter... and if that's defined as crazy, then I need to find a psychiatrist who will diagnose that.
"I mean, maybe I'm more antisocial. I even asked my shrink, 'Am I bipolar-ish?' And he's like, 'No, you're not'. And I said, 'Not even ish (a little)?' And he said no. It's just not there. So 'crazy' is a word that doesn't affect me."
RELATED: Celebs with rebellious spirits
And after all of her past drug woes, she insists she's clean and sober as she embarks on a comeback, adding, "I was taking (attention deficit disorder drug) Adderall, but I stopped taking it... because it serves absolutely no purpose and is just speed."
Instead, Love has found a new way of dealing with her problems - chanting.
During the interview with Bust contributor Debbie Stoller, the singer visits a Japanese Buddhist center in New York City and explains, "At first you chant for yourself, for things that you want, but as you advance, you chant for others, for the world."
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite