Courtney Love: I'm not crazy
- Photo: Premiere/Rocstar/CPR/Miguel/FAME/Fame Flynet1 of 6
- Photo: Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: Bennett Raglin/WireImage3 of 6
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Turgeon/Rocke/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Mega Buzz: The Grey's Finale, a Mentalist Proposal, and a Castle Time WarpMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:35:00 PM
- Cinedigm Acquires Frank P. DeLarzelere III Documentary 'Biker Fox'MSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:11:00 PM
- Artie Lange Hospitalized for Diabetic ShockMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:09:00 PM
- CNN's Sanjay Gupta on Deadly Ebola Outbreak in Africa; Whether It Could Spread to U.S.MSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Transcendence' Director Wally Pfiester on 'Frustrating' TechnolMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 3:51:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: The Grey's Finale, a Mentalist Proposal, and a Castle Time Warp
By firstname.lastname@example.org (WENN Newsdesk)
Rocker Courtney Love laughs off reports suggesting she's "crazy", because she knows for sure she isn't, thanks to a medical overhaul.
RELATED: Hollywood's most controversial moms
After a series of drug issues and legal and financial woes, the former Hole star began to believe the hype that perhaps there was something wrong with her mentally - and so she visited a doctor for a thorough check-up.
She tells Bust magazine, "If anybody could have ever proven me to be crazy, they certainly would have. And it's never happened.
"Technically, in the sense of being bipolar, manic-depressive, or any of that stuff, it's just not true. I mean, have I gone online and ranted and raved about my finances? Abso-f--king-lutely. Without any filter... and if that's defined as crazy, then I need to find a psychiatrist who will diagnose that.
"I mean, maybe I'm more antisocial. I even asked my shrink, 'Am I bipolar-ish?' And he's like, 'No, you're not'. And I said, 'Not even ish (a little)?' And he said no. It's just not there. So 'crazy' is a word that doesn't affect me."
RELATED: Celebs with rebellious spirits
And after all of her past drug woes, she insists she's clean and sober as she embarks on a comeback, adding, "I was taking (attention deficit disorder drug) Adderall, but I stopped taking it... because it serves absolutely no purpose and is just speed."
Instead, Love has found a new way of dealing with her problems - chanting.
During the interview with Bust contributor Debbie Stoller, the singer visits a Japanese Buddhist center in New York City and explains, "At first you chant for yourself, for things that you want, but as you advance, you chant for others, for the world."
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon debuts his latest hairstyle -- a skunk-colored ‘do -- on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite