Courtney Love: I'm not crazy
- Photo: Premiere/Rocstar/CPR/Miguel/FAME/Fame Flynet1 of 6
- Photo: Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: Bennett Raglin/WireImage3 of 6
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Turgeon/Rocke/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Palm Springs Fest Adds Canadian Films, 45 Foreign Oscar ContendersMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 5:11:13 AM
- 'X Factor' Semifinal Borrows From NBC's 'The Voice' (ViMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 12:31:33 AM
- Hollywood Forced to Invest Heavily in New Technology to Keep Up With DemandMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 9:01:09 PM
- Britney Spears Suffers Worst Album Debut Ever With 'Britney Jean'MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 6:45:32 PM
- 'Project Runway All Stars' Preview: QVC's Lisa Robertson Lays Down the LaMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 6:16:06 PM
- Palm Springs Fest Adds Canadian Films, 45 Foreign Oscar Contenders
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
Rocker Courtney Love laughs off reports suggesting she's "crazy", because she knows for sure she isn't, thanks to a medical overhaul.
RELATED: Hollywood's most controversial moms
After a series of drug issues and legal and financial woes, the former Hole star began to believe the hype that perhaps there was something wrong with her mentally - and so she visited a doctor for a thorough check-up.
She tells Bust magazine, "If anybody could have ever proven me to be crazy, they certainly would have. And it's never happened.
"Technically, in the sense of being bipolar, manic-depressive, or any of that stuff, it's just not true. I mean, have I gone online and ranted and raved about my finances? Abso-f--king-lutely. Without any filter... and if that's defined as crazy, then I need to find a psychiatrist who will diagnose that.
"I mean, maybe I'm more antisocial. I even asked my shrink, 'Am I bipolar-ish?' And he's like, 'No, you're not'. And I said, 'Not even ish (a little)?' And he said no. It's just not there. So 'crazy' is a word that doesn't affect me."
RELATED: Celebs with rebellious spirits
And after all of her past drug woes, she insists she's clean and sober as she embarks on a comeback, adding, "I was taking (attention deficit disorder drug) Adderall, but I stopped taking it... because it serves absolutely no purpose and is just speed."
Instead, Love has found a new way of dealing with her problems - chanting.
During the interview with Bust contributor Debbie Stoller, the singer visits a Japanese Buddhist center in New York City and explains, "At first you chant for yourself, for things that you want, but as you advance, you chant for others, for the world."
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Kim Kardashian, Fergie, Duchess Kate and more celebs look now that they've lost their pregnancy weight.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAlmost Naked
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite