Courtney Love: I'm not crazy
- Photo: Premiere/Rocstar/CPR/Miguel/FAME/Fame Flynet1 of 6
- Photo: Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: Bennett Raglin/WireImage3 of 6
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Turgeon/Rocke/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Lena Dunham Reacts to Naked Critics Makes, Deletes Molestation Joke on TwitterMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:14:00 PM
- Katie Couric to Interview Michael Bloomberg for YahooMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:57:00 PM
- Lindsay Lohan Is a 'Prisoner' on OWN Series: 'It's My Last Shot&MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:24:00 PM
- Emerson College Opens L.A. Campus on Sunset Blvd. With Hollywood Gala (Photos)MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:11:00 PM
- 'True Detective' Season Finale: Darkness, Yeah-uhMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:02:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Reacts to Naked Critics Makes, Deletes Molestation Joke on Twitter
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
Rocker Courtney Love laughs off reports suggesting she's "crazy", because she knows for sure she isn't, thanks to a medical overhaul.
RELATED: Hollywood's most controversial moms
After a series of drug issues and legal and financial woes, the former Hole star began to believe the hype that perhaps there was something wrong with her mentally - and so she visited a doctor for a thorough check-up.
She tells Bust magazine, "If anybody could have ever proven me to be crazy, they certainly would have. And it's never happened.
"Technically, in the sense of being bipolar, manic-depressive, or any of that stuff, it's just not true. I mean, have I gone online and ranted and raved about my finances? Abso-f--king-lutely. Without any filter... and if that's defined as crazy, then I need to find a psychiatrist who will diagnose that.
"I mean, maybe I'm more antisocial. I even asked my shrink, 'Am I bipolar-ish?' And he's like, 'No, you're not'. And I said, 'Not even ish (a little)?' And he said no. It's just not there. So 'crazy' is a word that doesn't affect me."
RELATED: Celebs with rebellious spirits
And after all of her past drug woes, she insists she's clean and sober as she embarks on a comeback, adding, "I was taking (attention deficit disorder drug) Adderall, but I stopped taking it... because it serves absolutely no purpose and is just speed."
Instead, Love has found a new way of dealing with her problems - chanting.
During the interview with Bust contributor Debbie Stoller, the singer visits a Japanese Buddhist center in New York City and explains, "At first you chant for yourself, for things that you want, but as you advance, you chant for others, for the world."
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite