Courtney Love: I'm not crazy
- Photo: Premiere/Rocstar/CPR/Miguel/FAME/Fame Flynet1 of 6
- Photo: Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: Bennett Raglin/WireImage3 of 6
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Turgeon/Rocke/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'The Huntsman' Release Set for April 2016 and 'The Mummy' Moves MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 2:03:00 PM
- Shaquille O'Neal, Rapper Waka Flocka Flame Sued for Making Fun of Disabled Man on Social MeMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 12:17:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Premiere More Than Doubles Original's RatinMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:59:00 AM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Season Debut Gets Theatrical RunMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:54:00 AM
- Exclusive: Mad Men's Rich Sommer Returning to ElementaryMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:54:00 AM
- 'The Huntsman' Release Set for April 2016 and 'The Mummy' Moves
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
Rocker Courtney Love laughs off reports suggesting she's "crazy", because she knows for sure she isn't, thanks to a medical overhaul.
RELATED: Hollywood's most controversial moms
After a series of drug issues and legal and financial woes, the former Hole star began to believe the hype that perhaps there was something wrong with her mentally - and so she visited a doctor for a thorough check-up.
She tells Bust magazine, "If anybody could have ever proven me to be crazy, they certainly would have. And it's never happened.
"Technically, in the sense of being bipolar, manic-depressive, or any of that stuff, it's just not true. I mean, have I gone online and ranted and raved about my finances? Abso-f--king-lutely. Without any filter... and if that's defined as crazy, then I need to find a psychiatrist who will diagnose that.
"I mean, maybe I'm more antisocial. I even asked my shrink, 'Am I bipolar-ish?' And he's like, 'No, you're not'. And I said, 'Not even ish (a little)?' And he said no. It's just not there. So 'crazy' is a word that doesn't affect me."
RELATED: Celebs with rebellious spirits
And after all of her past drug woes, she insists she's clean and sober as she embarks on a comeback, adding, "I was taking (attention deficit disorder drug) Adderall, but I stopped taking it... because it serves absolutely no purpose and is just speed."
Instead, Love has found a new way of dealing with her problems - chanting.
During the interview with Bust contributor Debbie Stoller, the singer visits a Japanese Buddhist center in New York City and explains, "At first you chant for yourself, for things that you want, but as you advance, you chant for others, for the world."
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDebuts Baby Bump!
From Crowd Ignite