Courtney Love keeps in touch with estranged daughter via email
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Paul Smith/Featureflash/Retna Ltd.2 of 8
- Photo: Bourquard/Stills/Retna Ltd.3 of 8
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage4 of 8
- Photo: Alex Blasquez / Retna/Retna Ltd.5 of 8
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage6 of 8
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage7 of 8
More Celeb News
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debutMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:45:21 AM
- Wes Anderson 'Grand Budapest Hotel' Books Huge Limited Box-Office OpeningMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:03:00 AM
- Utah polygamous family says going on TV liberatingMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:43:52 AM
- Gettysburg wax museum selling historical figuresMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:19:01 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Bloodies Box Office With $45 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:01:00 AM
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
Courtney Love has yet to reconcile with her estranged daughter in person despite recently reconnecting via Twitter.
RELATED: Awkward celebs
The Hole rocker was stripped of her parental rights to daughter Frances Bean Cobain in December 2009 as she battled substance abuse issues, and the child was placed under the temporary guardianship of her grandmother, Wendy O'Connor, and aunt, Kimberly Cobain, that same month.
Cobain, now 20, reached out to her mother online over Christmas to send her a seasonal greeting, and mother and daughter have been keeping in regular contact via email ever since, although the singer, who is based in New York, admits she has not visited Cobain at her home in Los Angeles.
Meanwhile, during an appearance on "The View" on Thursday, Love revealed her daughter has received an offer to study at prestigious arts institution Bard College in New York.
She said, "My biggest wish for her, first of all, is that she's happy, and also that she goes to college because she's 20. She got into Bard and I don't care what college (she goes to), she could go to Santa Monica Community College, as long as she goes to college."
Frances Bean is Love's only child with her late husband Kurt Cobain.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
A pregnant Soleil Moon Frye sits down with Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner to talk about prepping for a baby boy and her busy career ...Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Hugh Jackman, see some of the best celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Mariah Carey does her best impression of a mermaid on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite