Courtney Love keeps in touch with estranged daughter via email
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Paul Smith/Featureflash/Retna Ltd.2 of 8
- Photo: Bourquard/Stills/Retna Ltd.3 of 8
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage4 of 8
- Photo: Alex Blasquez / Retna/Retna Ltd.5 of 8
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage6 of 8
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Kim Kardashian Among the Latest Targeted in Nude Photo LeakMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years Late
Courtney Love has yet to reconcile with her estranged daughter in person despite recently reconnecting via Twitter.
RELATED: Awkward celebs
The Hole rocker was stripped of her parental rights to daughter Frances Bean Cobain in December 2009 as she battled substance abuse issues, and the child was placed under the temporary guardianship of her grandmother, Wendy O'Connor, and aunt, Kimberly Cobain, that same month.
Cobain, now 20, reached out to her mother online over Christmas to send her a seasonal greeting, and mother and daughter have been keeping in regular contact via email ever since, although the singer, who is based in New York, admits she has not visited Cobain at her home in Los Angeles.
Meanwhile, during an appearance on "The View" on Thursday, Love revealed her daughter has received an offer to study at prestigious arts institution Bard College in New York.
She said, "My biggest wish for her, first of all, is that she's happy, and also that she goes to college because she's 20. She got into Bard and I don't care what college (she goes to), she could go to Santa Monica Community College, as long as she goes to college."
Frances Bean is Love's only child with her late husband Kurt Cobain.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite