Courtney Love keeps in touch with estranged daughter via email
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Paul Smith/Featureflash/Retna Ltd.2 of 8
- Photo: Bourquard/Stills/Retna Ltd.3 of 8
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage4 of 8
- Photo: Alex Blasquez / Retna/Retna Ltd.5 of 8
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage6 of 8
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage7 of 8
More Celeb News
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Auschwitz Selfie' Outrage: But You're Supposed to Take PicturesMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:41:00 PM
- Marvel Announces Another 2018 ReleaseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:08:00 PM
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:45:00 PM
- 'Gotham' Creator on Why Batman Would Spell the End of the ShowMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:24:00 PM
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&
Courtney Love has yet to reconcile with her estranged daughter in person despite recently reconnecting via Twitter.
RELATED: Awkward celebs
The Hole rocker was stripped of her parental rights to daughter Frances Bean Cobain in December 2009 as she battled substance abuse issues, and the child was placed under the temporary guardianship of her grandmother, Wendy O'Connor, and aunt, Kimberly Cobain, that same month.
Cobain, now 20, reached out to her mother online over Christmas to send her a seasonal greeting, and mother and daughter have been keeping in regular contact via email ever since, although the singer, who is based in New York, admits she has not visited Cobain at her home in Los Angeles.
Meanwhile, during an appearance on "The View" on Thursday, Love revealed her daughter has received an offer to study at prestigious arts institution Bard College in New York.
She said, "My biggest wish for her, first of all, is that she's happy, and also that she goes to college because she's 20. She got into Bard and I don't care what college (she goes to), she could go to Santa Monica Community College, as long as she goes to college."
Frances Bean is Love's only child with her late husband Kurt Cobain.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite