Creed Singer Scott Stapp: Rapper T.I. 'Saved My Life' After Suicide Attempt
- Photo: Aruna Gilbert/WENN1 of 4
- Photo: John Amis/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: LUIS ALVAREZ/Invision/AP3 of 4
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
T.I. is Scott Stapp's hero.
The Creed singer, 39, shared a very personal story during VH1's Big Morning Buzz on Wednesday, while promoting his new memoir, "Sinner's Creed." In his book, Stapp reveals he attempted to commit suicide at a Miami hotel but was saved by the rapper, 32.
Stapp said he checked himself into a penthouse at Miami's Delano Hotel and was in a "prison of alcohol and drug addiction. He jumped over his balcony and fell 40 feet, fracturing his skull and breaking his hip. After lying there for two-and-a-half hours, his "guardian angel" showed up.
"I had met T.I. back in 2004. We were both writing songs for 'The Passion of the Christ: Songs Inspired By' soundtrack and we had briefly interacted there and knew what each other looked like," he revealed. "We'd talked about being fans of Alabama (Crimson Tide football)."
Stapp didn't reveal when the suicide attempt occurred, but said seeing him again was "ironic."
"He walked in, and I found out later it was the only room left in the hotel and he came in off the street and came out, and as I'm laying on the ledge, blood fell to [T.I.'s] feet and he looked up and he had an Alabama hat on," he explained. "I said, 'Roll, Tide,' and then he looked at me and put two and two together and really saved my life."
T.I. helped another suicidal man in 2010. After hearing on the radio about a man who was threatening to jump from the 22nd floor of a building in Atlanta, he went to the scene to help police. "I told him it ain't that bad. It'll get better, to put the time and effort into making it better," T.I. told The Associated Press. "I just reminded him ... it looks bad right now, but it can turn around."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite