Creed Singer Scott Stapp: Rapper T.I. 'Saved My Life' After Suicide Attempt
- Photo: Aruna Gilbert/WENN1 of 4
- Photo: John Amis/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: LUIS ALVAREZ/Invision/AP3 of 4
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
T.I. is Scott Stapp's hero.
The Creed singer, 39, shared a very personal story during VH1's Big Morning Buzz on Wednesday, while promoting his new memoir, "Sinner's Creed." In his book, Stapp reveals he attempted to commit suicide at a Miami hotel but was saved by the rapper, 32.
Stapp said he checked himself into a penthouse at Miami's Delano Hotel and was in a "prison of alcohol and drug addiction. He jumped over his balcony and fell 40 feet, fracturing his skull and breaking his hip. After lying there for two-and-a-half hours, his "guardian angel" showed up.
"I had met T.I. back in 2004. We were both writing songs for 'The Passion of the Christ: Songs Inspired By' soundtrack and we had briefly interacted there and knew what each other looked like," he revealed. "We'd talked about being fans of Alabama (Crimson Tide football)."
Stapp didn't reveal when the suicide attempt occurred, but said seeing him again was "ironic."
"He walked in, and I found out later it was the only room left in the hotel and he came in off the street and came out, and as I'm laying on the ledge, blood fell to [T.I.'s] feet and he looked up and he had an Alabama hat on," he explained. "I said, 'Roll, Tide,' and then he looked at me and put two and two together and really saved my life."
T.I. helped another suicidal man in 2010. After hearing on the radio about a man who was threatening to jump from the 22nd floor of a building in Atlanta, he went to the scene to help police. "I told him it ain't that bad. It'll get better, to put the time and effort into making it better," T.I. told The Associated Press. "I just reminded him ... it looks bad right now, but it can turn around."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite