Creed Singer Scott Stapp: Rapper T.I. 'Saved My Life' After Suicide Attempt
- Photo: Aruna Gilbert/WENN1 of 4
- Photo: John Amis/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: LUIS ALVAREZ/Invision/AP3 of 4
More Celeb News
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and CompMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:42:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Taps Andrew Gauthier to Lead Video DivisionMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Roger Goodell Won't Resign From NFL, But Promises Conduct Policy ChangesMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 3:29:00 PM
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production of Brian De Palma's Penn State Molestation Film 'To DeMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- Dancing's Derek Hough: We Have Something "Potentially Dangerous" PlannedMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and Comp
T.I. is Scott Stapp's hero.
The Creed singer, 39, shared a very personal story during VH1's Big Morning Buzz on Wednesday, while promoting his new memoir, "Sinner's Creed." In his book, Stapp reveals he attempted to commit suicide at a Miami hotel but was saved by the rapper, 32.
Stapp said he checked himself into a penthouse at Miami's Delano Hotel and was in a "prison of alcohol and drug addiction. He jumped over his balcony and fell 40 feet, fracturing his skull and breaking his hip. After lying there for two-and-a-half hours, his "guardian angel" showed up.
"I had met T.I. back in 2004. We were both writing songs for 'The Passion of the Christ: Songs Inspired By' soundtrack and we had briefly interacted there and knew what each other looked like," he revealed. "We'd talked about being fans of Alabama (Crimson Tide football)."
Stapp didn't reveal when the suicide attempt occurred, but said seeing him again was "ironic."
"He walked in, and I found out later it was the only room left in the hotel and he came in off the street and came out, and as I'm laying on the ledge, blood fell to [T.I.'s] feet and he looked up and he had an Alabama hat on," he explained. "I said, 'Roll, Tide,' and then he looked at me and put two and two together and really saved my life."
T.I. helped another suicidal man in 2010. After hearing on the radio about a man who was threatening to jump from the 22nd floor of a building in Atlanta, he went to the scene to help police. "I told him it ain't that bad. It'll get better, to put the time and effort into making it better," T.I. told The Associated Press. "I just reminded him ... it looks bad right now, but it can turn around."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBirthday Fun
From Crowd Ignite