Creed Singer Scott Stapp: Rapper T.I. 'Saved My Life' After Suicide AttemptRelated: T.I.
- Photo: Aruna Gilbert/WENN1 of 4
- Photo: John Amis/AP2 of 4
- Photo: LUIS ALVAREZ/AP3 of 4
More Celeb News
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:30:39 PM
- 'Hemlock Grove' Renewed for Season 2MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:19:55 PM
- Kelsey Grammer, Martin Lawrence Land Lawyer Comedy at FX MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:51:37 PM
- Music Journalist Chet Flippo Dead at 69MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:26:04 PM
- Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson Go Back In Time in 'Free Bird's Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:01:15 PM
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56
T.I. is Scott Stapp's hero.
The Creed singer, 39, shared a very personal story during VH1's Big Morning Buzz on Wednesday, while promoting his new memoir, "Sinner's Creed." In his book, Stapp reveals he attempted to commit suicide at a Miami hotel but was saved by the rapper, 32.
Stapp said he checked himself into a penthouse at Miami's Delano Hotel and was in a "prison of alcohol and drug addiction. He jumped over his balcony and fell 40 feet, fracturing his skull and breaking his hip. After lying there for two-and-a-half hours, his "guardian angel" showed up.
"I had met T.I. back in 2004. We were both writing songs for 'The Passion of the Christ: Songs Inspired By' soundtrack and we had briefly interacted there and knew what each other looked like," he revealed. "We'd talked about being fans of Alabama (Crimson Tide football)."
Stapp didn't reveal when the suicide attempt occurred, but said seeing him again was "ironic."
"He walked in, and I found out later it was the only room left in the hotel and he came in off the street and came out, and as I'm laying on the ledge, blood fell to [T.I.'s] feet and he looked up and he had an Alabama hat on," he explained. "I said, 'Roll, Tide,' and then he looked at me and put two and two together and really saved my life."
T.I. helped another suicidal man in 2010. After hearing on the radio about a man who was threatening to jump from the 22nd floor of a building in Atlanta, he went to the scene to help police. "I told him it ain't that bad. It'll get better, to put the time and effort into making it better," T.I. told The Associated Press. "I just reminded him ... it looks bad right now, but it can turn around."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
- Fashion Offenders for June 14, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for June 6, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 31, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 24, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for May 17, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 10, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 3, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 26, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 19, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 12, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 5, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for March 29, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 22, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 15, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 8, 2013
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Ashley Greene reveals a painful wound from a wild Bali vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
From David Beckham to Ben Affleck, check out Hollywood's hottest dads.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite