Cyndi Lauper's uncle perishes in superstorm Sandy
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Barry Brecheisen/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Daniel Warren/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: Matt Slocum/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Patrick Semansky/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Derek Storm/Splash News8 of 9
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Cyndi Lauper is mourning the loss of her uncle after he was found dead in the aftermath of superstorm Sandy.
George Stathis' body was discovered at his home in the Queens borough of New York after the massive storm battered the East Coast last week.
The singer said the 90-year-old was too scared to leave his Rockaway home when the bad weather hit and she couldn't understand why her relatives didn't go to help him.
Lauper went public with her personal loss on Monday while she was in New York to perform at the Lenox Hill Hospital's Autumn Ball, which raised money for storm victims, and she dedicated her rendition of her hit song "Time After Time" to her uncle.
She said during the event, "I lost my Uncle George in the hurricane. He was old. He didn't want to leave his house. I was in Chicago, and I called and said (to relatives), 'Why did you guys leave him,' and they just didn't think it was going to get that bad."
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite