Damon Dash facing eviction over $100,000 rent debt
- Photo: Asadorian-Mejia/Splash News1 of 3
- Photo: J. Vespa/WireImage2 of 3
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
Beleaguered rap mogul Damon Dash is facing eviction from his New York home after falling $100,000 behind on his rent, a court has heard.
RELATED: Insured celeb body parts
Dash was ordered to pay $240,000 to apparel exec Tom Nastos by a Manhattan Supreme Court judge on Thursday, plus an additional $90,000 in interest after allegedly failing to return a 2006 loan.
During the hearing, the music executive, who once co-owned Roc-A-Fella Records and the Rocawear clothing line with Jay-Z, revealed he had fallen into such a dire financial situation he was close to being evicted from his rented home in Carmel, N.Y., due a massive rental debt.
RELATED: Hollywood's most private couples
In his filing for the court, he wrote, "I am currently several months behind in paying my personal bills. For instance, I am currently over $100,000 behind in rent for the only home in which I live and at risk of being evicted."
Dash's documents also revealed he owes more than $2 million in taxes to New York state and hands over $24,000 to his ex-wife, fashion designer Rachel Roy, every three months in child support for their two children.
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHit or Miss?
From Crowd Ignite