Darius Rucker responds to racist tweet
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP1 of 5
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com2 of 5
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America3 of 5
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- David Anderle, Record Producer and Music Executive, Dead at 77MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 4:35:00 PM
- Susan Lyne to Exit Post as AOL Brand Group CEOMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 4:09:00 PM
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Publicity Team Apologizes for 'Headless Day' CamMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 3:45:00 PM
- IMG Names Karen Brodkin President of Business AffairsMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 3:10:00 PM
- Netflix Launching Selective Facebook RecommendationsMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 2:41:00 PM
- David Anderle, Record Producer and Music Executive, Dead at 77
Darius Rucker took to Twitter on Sunday night to attack a racist who took aim at the singer for covering a classic Bob Dylan song at country music mecca the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville.
RELATED: Miley Cyrus' crazy Twitpic
Rucker performed his rendition of "Wagon Wheel" over the weekend, prompting many fans to applaud him for taking on Dylan and reworking the tune that was a hit for Old Crow Medicine Show a decade ago.
But one music lover, identified as pqkullman on Twitter, wasn't impressed and tweeted, "@dariusrucker Leave country to the white folk."
Rucker was angered by the post and responded, "WOW... is this 2013 or 1913?"
He added, "Ill take my grand ole Opry membership and leave your racism. Wow."
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFirst Date Ready!
From Crowd Ignite