Darius Rucker responds to racist tweet
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP1 of 5
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com2 of 5
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America3 of 5
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Exclusive: Showtime to Launch Ray Donovan WebisodesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:00:00 AM
- The Following's Warren Kole Joins StalkerMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 6:58:00 AM
- Earnings: Discovery Beats Q2 EstimatesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 6:55:00 AM
- Iggy Azalea Has a Cameo in Fast & Furious 7MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 6:39:00 AM
- Time Warner Cable Q2 Earnings Rise, But Miss EstimatesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 6:33:00 AM
- Exclusive: Showtime to Launch Ray Donovan Webisodes
Darius Rucker took to Twitter on Sunday night to attack a racist who took aim at the singer for covering a classic Bob Dylan song at country music mecca the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville.
RELATED: Miley Cyrus' crazy Twitpic
Rucker performed his rendition of "Wagon Wheel" over the weekend, prompting many fans to applaud him for taking on Dylan and reworking the tune that was a hit for Old Crow Medicine Show a decade ago.
But one music lover, identified as pqkullman on Twitter, wasn't impressed and tweeted, "@dariusrucker Leave country to the white folk."
Rucker was angered by the post and responded, "WOW... is this 2013 or 1913?"
He added, "Ill take my grand ole Opry membership and leave your racism. Wow."
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite