Darius Rucker responds to racist tweet
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP1 of 5
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com2 of 5
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America3 of 5
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Mark Ballas and Derek Hough Try Flipping Houses in 'Mark & Derek's ExcelleMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:00:00 PM
- Judge Approves Los Angeles Clippers Sale to Steve Ballmer, Regardless of AppealMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:50:00 PM
- Fan Who Threatened Michael Strahan Claims His Lawyer Is Part of the IlluminatiMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:26:00 PM
- The Bachelorette Finale: Who Did Andi Choose?MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:05:00 PM
- 'Once Upon a Time' Expands 'Frozen' Cast With Tyler Jacob Moore MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 6:48:00 PM
- Mark Ballas and Derek Hough Try Flipping Houses in 'Mark & Derek's Excelle
Darius Rucker took to Twitter on Sunday night to attack a racist who took aim at the singer for covering a classic Bob Dylan song at country music mecca the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville.
RELATED: Miley Cyrus' crazy Twitpic
Rucker performed his rendition of "Wagon Wheel" over the weekend, prompting many fans to applaud him for taking on Dylan and reworking the tune that was a hit for Old Crow Medicine Show a decade ago.
But one music lover, identified as pqkullman on Twitter, wasn't impressed and tweeted, "@dariusrucker Leave country to the white folk."
Rucker was angered by the post and responded, "WOW... is this 2013 or 1913?"
He added, "Ill take my grand ole Opry membership and leave your racism. Wow."
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite