Demi Lovato: A Year Since RehabRelated: Kim Kardashian, Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, Joe Jonas
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News1 of 15
By Jon Warech
Jan. 28 marked one year since singer-actress Demi Lovato left Timberline Knolls -- a residential treatment center in Illinois -- after a meltdown on tour forced the troubled teen to get help. Since then, Lovato has made headlines by sharing her story, returning to both the dating scene and her work. Scroll through and take a look back at the year Lovato turned things around.
Hindsight Is '20/20'
Three months after leaving rehab, Lovato shared her story with Robin Roberts on "Good Morning America" and "20/20." The former "Sonny With a Chance" star explained her long path to rehab, which began with being bullied. That experience, she recalled, led to cutting, drinking, abusing drugs and, ultimately, breaking down in the fall of 2010, when she hit one of her backup dancers, Alex Welch.
"I was losing my voice from purging. I was self-medicating," Lovato explained to Roberts. "I was not taking medication for depression, and I literally was so emotionally whacked out that I took it out on someone that meant a lot to me." The star added that she hoped sharing her story would help her fans avoid the challenges she encountered.
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite