Birthday Girl Demi Lovato's Hair Color Evolution
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Scott Gries/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Ben Watts/SELF3 of 16
- Photo: Ben Watts/SELF4 of 16
- Photo: Ben Watts/SELF5 of 16
- Photo: Ben Watts/SELF6 of 16
- Photo: GettyImages.com7 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.8 of 16
- Photo: Jason Arthurs/Getty Images North America9 of 16
- Photo: KB4/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Dominic Chan/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Wire Image/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin13 of 16
- Photo: Norman Scott/Bauer-Griffin14 of 16
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Captain America' and 'Rio 2' Battle for No. 1 at Box Office AftMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 8:42:00 AM
- 'Transcendence' Tanks for Johnny Depp's 4th Box-Office Flop in RowMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:59:00 AM
- First Lady Michelle Obama to Appear on NashvilleMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:54:00 AM
- Hawaii Five-0's Alex O'Loughlin MarriesMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:54:00 AM
- Report: Gwen Stefani Replacing Christina Aguilera on The Voice for Season 7MSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:48:00 AM
- 'Captain America' and 'Rio 2' Battle for No. 1 at Box Office Aft
At just 19 years old -- she celebrates her big 2-0 on Aug. 20 -- Demi Lovato has gone through enough hair changes to last her a few decades. In fact, in the past year alone, the singer and "X Factor" judge has sported almost every color under the sun.
In an exclusive video, Us Weekly's Beauty Director Gwen Flamberg and Fashion Director Sasha Charnin Morrison recap some of Lovato's biggest statement-making looks. Among the color chameleon's biggest hair switch-ups? Rocking ombre at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards and becoming a full-out redhead in November.
Lovato later brightened up her look, debuting a honey blonde color at the "X Factor" announcement in May where she and Britney Spears were named to the show's judges panel. But she didn't stay a total towhead for long -- this summer, she's been experimenting with rainbow, candy-colored highlights.
"I love changing my hair a lot -- I think it's fun," Lovato told Allure.com in an August 2012 interview. "I used to always want to dye my hair blue and purple and pink when I was younger. But I was busy trying to make it in the industry as an actress, and it was hard to go in for auditions with blue hair. And so when I heard of the dip-dye trend, I loved it, and I felt like I could finally dye my hair blue. You know you've made it when you can dye your hair blue."
Lovato tried out azure locks at the 2012 Teen Choice Awards in Universal City, Calif. on July 22.
Tell Us: What color do you think works best on Lovato?
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Demi Lovato Hair Color Evolution
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite