Demi Lovato Still Struggles With Bulimia, Cutting Post-Treatment
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Twitter/.2 of 17
- Photo: AP; Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: John R. Kennedy/Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks5 of 17
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News6 of 17
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News7 of 17
- Photo: Ciao Hollywood/Splash News8 of 17
- Photo: Sam Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com9 of 17
- Photo: Hot Shots Worldwide/Splash News10 of 17
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News11 of 17
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News12 of 17
- Photo: Universal Studios/Splash News13 of 17
- Photo: Sharpshooter Images/Splash News14 of 17
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News15 of 17
- Photo: Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- David Anderle, Record Producer and Music Executive, Dead at 77MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 4:35:00 PM
- Susan Lyne to Exit Post as AOL Brand Group CEOMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 4:09:00 PM
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Publicity Team Apologizes for 'Headless Day' CamMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 3:45:00 PM
- IMG Names Karen Brodkin President of Business AffairsMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 3:10:00 PM
- Netflix Launching Selective Facebook RecommendationsMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 2:41:00 PM
- David Anderle, Record Producer and Music Executive, Dead at 77
Demi Lovato is continuing to open up about her road to recovery, and this time, it's not via Twitter or during an intimate interview.
In her MTV documentary special, "Stay Strong: Demi Lovato," the 19-year-old star sat in front of a studio audience while answering host SuChin Pak's questions about her longtime battle with an eating disorder and cutting.
"I cannot tell you that I have not thrown up since treatment," the "Skyscraper" singer told Pak during Tuesday's airing. "I can not tell you that I have not cut myself since treatment. I'm not perfect. This is a daily battle that I will face the rest of my life."
Lovato checked into rehab facility Timberline Knolls in November 2010, where she stayed three months to treat emotional and physical issues. The treatment center has since remained a big part of her life -- during the documentary, she revisited the Illinois-based center to share her story and words of encouragement with patients there.
"I just remember being 12, 13 and going through these issues alone," she told Pak. "I didn't really have a celebrity or anybody in the public eye to look at and say well, 'if she got through this, then so can I.' I'm not fixed. This is a daily battle. But I continue to work my butt of because now I wanna be a legitimate role model."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Eva
From Crowd Ignite