Demi Lovato Still Struggles With Bulimia, Cutting Post-Treatment
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Twitter/.2 of 17
- Photo: AP; Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: John R. Kennedy/Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: Kyle Rover/StarTraks5 of 17
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News6 of 17
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News7 of 17
- Photo: Ciao Hollywood/Splash News8 of 17
- Photo: Sam Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com9 of 17
- Photo: Hot Shots Worldwide/Splash News10 of 17
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News11 of 17
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News12 of 17
- Photo: Universal Studios/Splash News13 of 17
- Photo: Sharpshooter Images/Splash News14 of 17
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News15 of 17
- Photo: Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Leno, Murdoch among TV Hall of Fame inducteesMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:17:18 AM
- $600K taken from safe at Osteen's megachurchMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:01:13 AM
- Actor Chris Pine charged in New Zealand with DUIMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:56:21 PM
- Cameraman recounts Crocodile Hunter's last momentsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 9:42:26 PM
- 'Need for Speed' Review: Aaron Paul Can't Get This Vehicle Off the LotMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 9:30:00 PM
- Leno, Murdoch among TV Hall of Fame inductees
Demi Lovato is continuing to open up about her road to recovery, and this time, it's not via Twitter or during an intimate interview.
In her MTV documentary special, "Stay Strong: Demi Lovato," the 19-year-old star sat in front of a studio audience while answering host SuChin Pak's questions about her longtime battle with an eating disorder and cutting.
"I cannot tell you that I have not thrown up since treatment," the "Skyscraper" singer told Pak during Tuesday's airing. "I can not tell you that I have not cut myself since treatment. I'm not perfect. This is a daily battle that I will face the rest of my life."
Lovato checked into rehab facility Timberline Knolls in November 2010, where she stayed three months to treat emotional and physical issues. The treatment center has since remained a big part of her life -- during the documentary, she revisited the Illinois-based center to share her story and words of encouragement with patients there.
"I just remember being 12, 13 and going through these issues alone," she told Pak. "I didn't really have a celebrity or anybody in the public eye to look at and say well, 'if she got through this, then so can I.' I'm not fixed. This is a daily battle. But I continue to work my butt of because now I wanna be a legitimate role model."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite