Demi Lovato: 'The feelings were always there' for Joe Jonas
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/GettyImages.com1 of 8
- Photo: Splash News2 of 8
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com4 of 8
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 8
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Digital6 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Review: Chris Pratt Rides Shotgun on Marvel's CMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 1:00:00 PM
- OITNB's Jason Biggs and Laura Prepon Discuss the Pros and Cons of Playing Horrible PeopleMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 12:44:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Mayim Bialik to Host 'Candid Camera' ReboMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 12:34:00 PM
- Exclusive: Elementary Enlists Lost's Sonya Walger, Revolution's Zak OrthMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 12:22:00 PM
- Who's Going to Die on Under the Dome?MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 12:06:00 PM
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Review: Chris Pratt Rides Shotgun on Marvel's C
By Jennifer Odell
After the "aww" inspiring announcement that Disney stars and longtime pals Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato are an item, the couple opened up to Ryan Seacrest about their newfound love after their March 24 performance of "Make A Wave" on "American Idol."
"We've been best friends for the longest time, and now we're taking the next step and it's been really fun," Jonas told Seacrest on the show host's KIIS FM radio show.
"We've always figured that one day it would happen but we didn't feel like it was the right time."
Lovato and Jonas first met in 2007 on the set of "Camp Rock." They quickly became best friends, but it was just last week that Lovato revealed their friendship had become romantic.
Describing Jonas as "a complete gentleman" who takes her to "the most amazing places," Lovato gushed about her "perfect" new guy in a March 13 interview with "Access Hollywood" host Billy Bush, who had pressed her about her relationships with the Jonas Brothers. She caved, admitting there is one special Jonas.
RELATED: More Jonas Brothers pics
Speaking to Seacrest on "Idol" last night, Lovato seemed comfortable that they had gone public, and opened up about how their friendship was what ultimately won her heart.
"Being best friends for a while … over time feelings grow," she said. "And for me, as much as I wanted to deny it, the feelings were always there."
Asked when things heated up, Jonas said the change happened about a month ago.
Lovato, who also stars in the hit show "Sonny With A Chance," and Jonas recently completed shooting the last installment of the "Camp Rock" series, "Camp Rock: The Final Jam," which is due in theaters later this year.
RELATED: More Ryan Seacrest pics
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHeating Up!
From Crowd Ignite