Demi Lovato's birthday wish: A Barbie with her 'actual body type'
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN1 of 10
- Photo: C.Smith/WENN2 of 10
- Photo: Bryan Bedder/Getty Images North America3 of 10
- Photo: AP1/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Getty Images North America5 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Wonderwall6 of 10
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: GG/Fame Flynet8 of 10
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Grammy Awards Nominees: 10 Biggest Snubs and Surprises From Bruno Mars to Lady GagaMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 10:49:04 PM
- 'Swerve' Review: Jason Clarke Gives This Humdrum Noir Its Only ZingMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 10:15:18 PM
- Egyptian Documentary 'The Square' Wins Top IDA AwardMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 10:09:27 PM
- #ICYMI: Pop Culture's Craziest This Week- Ron Burgundy, Kardashian Christmas, 'SouMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 9:49:27 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'The Book Thief' Star Geoffrey Rush Heaps Praise on Co-SMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 9:11:18 PM
- Grammy Awards Nominees: 10 Biggest Snubs and Surprises From Bruno Mars to Lady Gaga
"One of my biggest dreams, having collected Barbies since I was a kid, is to have my own Barbie BUT with my actual body type. Weight & height," she tweeted, encouraging her followers to help her make her birthday dream a reality.
"Lovatics! Blow up @BarbieStyle to make it happen!" she continued. "That would be one dope 21st birthday! Hahaha. Also, Barbie should make dolls with cellulite! After all, around 95% of ALL women have it!"
Lovato, 20, has been vocal about her body image issues and eating disorders in the past, admitting to U.K.'s Company magazine that she had to deal with lots of "emotional and physical issues" when she checked into rehab for three months in 2010.
The "X Factor" judge has since revealed that she was admitted to the treatment center in order to deal with her struggles with bulimia, cutting and bipolar disorder, problems she's had from an early age.
In a recent interview with Rolling Stone, Lovato recalled having to battle her own demons as a 7-year-old actress on the set of "Barney & Friends."
"The principal called my parents and made me sign this suicide contract saying that I would not kill myself," she recalled. "They weren't expecting that so young."
Post-treatment, Lovato said her mom and stepdad were instrumental in helping her feel comfortable about sharing her struggles with others. "My parents were like, 'You have two choices. We can either just shut it down and not talk about it, or you can tell people what's up,'" she said. "There was no hesitation, really. I opened up that gate."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
See how Kim Kardashian, Fergie, Duchess Kate and more celebs look now that they've lost their pregnancy weight.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite