Demi Lovato's birthday wish: A Barbie with her 'actual body type'
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN1 of 10
- Photo: C.Smith/WENN2 of 10
- Photo: Bryan Bedder/Getty Images North America3 of 10
- Photo: AP1/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Getty Images North America5 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Wonderwall6 of 10
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: GG/Fame Flynet8 of 10
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA9 of 10
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
"One of my biggest dreams, having collected Barbies since I was a kid, is to have my own Barbie BUT with my actual body type. Weight & height," she tweeted, encouraging her followers to help her make her birthday dream a reality.
"Lovatics! Blow up @BarbieStyle to make it happen!" she continued. "That would be one dope 21st birthday! Hahaha. Also, Barbie should make dolls with cellulite! After all, around 95% of ALL women have it!"
Lovato, 20, has been vocal about her body image issues and eating disorders in the past, admitting to U.K.'s Company magazine that she had to deal with lots of "emotional and physical issues" when she checked into rehab for three months in 2010.
The "X Factor" judge has since revealed that she was admitted to the treatment center in order to deal with her struggles with bulimia, cutting and bipolar disorder, problems she's had from an early age.
In a recent interview with Rolling Stone, Lovato recalled having to battle her own demons as a 7-year-old actress on the set of "Barney & Friends."
"The principal called my parents and made me sign this suicide contract saying that I would not kill myself," she recalled. "They weren't expecting that so young."
Post-treatment, Lovato said her mom and stepdad were instrumental in helping her feel comfortable about sharing her struggles with others. "My parents were like, 'You have two choices. We can either just shut it down and not talk about it, or you can tell people what's up,'" she said. "There was no hesitation, really. I opened up that gate."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite