Demi Lovato's birthday wish: A Barbie with her 'actual body type'
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN1 of 10
- Photo: C.Smith/WENN2 of 10
- Photo: Bryan Bedder/Getty Images North America3 of 10
- Photo: AP1/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Getty Images North America5 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Wonderwall6 of 10
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: GG/Fame Flynet8 of 10
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Michael Sam Cut by St. Louis Rams, Delaying Quest to Be First Openly Gay Player in NFLMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 1:19:00 PM
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are working on their honeymoonMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 12:46:00 PM
- Made in America concert set to rock Los AngelesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 11:58:04 AM
- Idris Elba Thriller 'No Good Deed' Launches Unique Social Media CampaignMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 10:48:00 AM
- LA's Made in America concert set to rock downtownMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 10:18:48 AM
- Michael Sam Cut by St. Louis Rams, Delaying Quest to Be First Openly Gay Player in NFL
"One of my biggest dreams, having collected Barbies since I was a kid, is to have my own Barbie BUT with my actual body type. Weight & height," she tweeted, encouraging her followers to help her make her birthday dream a reality.
"Lovatics! Blow up @BarbieStyle to make it happen!" she continued. "That would be one dope 21st birthday! Hahaha. Also, Barbie should make dolls with cellulite! After all, around 95% of ALL women have it!"
Lovato, 20, has been vocal about her body image issues and eating disorders in the past, admitting to U.K.'s Company magazine that she had to deal with lots of "emotional and physical issues" when she checked into rehab for three months in 2010.
The "X Factor" judge has since revealed that she was admitted to the treatment center in order to deal with her struggles with bulimia, cutting and bipolar disorder, problems she's had from an early age.
In a recent interview with Rolling Stone, Lovato recalled having to battle her own demons as a 7-year-old actress on the set of "Barney & Friends."
"The principal called my parents and made me sign this suicide contract saying that I would not kill myself," she recalled. "They weren't expecting that so young."
Post-treatment, Lovato said her mom and stepdad were instrumental in helping her feel comfortable about sharing her struggles with others. "My parents were like, 'You have two choices. We can either just shut it down and not talk about it, or you can tell people what's up,'" she said. "There was no hesitation, really. I opened up that gate."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, and Selena Gomez all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite