Demi Lovato's birthday wish: A Barbie with her 'actual body type'
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN1 of 10
- Photo: C.Smith/WENN2 of 10
- Photo: Bryan Bedder/Getty Images North America3 of 10
- Photo: AP1/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Getty Images North America5 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Wonderwall6 of 10
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: GG/Fame Flynet8 of 10
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Vin Diesel Shares His Emotional Moment With Paul Walker's FamilyMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 3:18:16 PM
- Bob Dylan's Infamous Electric Guitar Fetches Nearly $1 Million at AuctionMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:57:27 PM
- La Scala's 'La Traviata' opener gets mixed reviewsMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:13:57 PM
- European Film Awards: 'The Great Beauty' Wins European Film 2013MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 1:38:57 PM
- Kirstie Alley Blasts Leah Remini Over Scientology Criticism: She's a 'Bigot&apMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 12:00:42 PM
- Vin Diesel Shares His Emotional Moment With Paul Walker's Family
"One of my biggest dreams, having collected Barbies since I was a kid, is to have my own Barbie BUT with my actual body type. Weight & height," she tweeted, encouraging her followers to help her make her birthday dream a reality.
"Lovatics! Blow up @BarbieStyle to make it happen!" she continued. "That would be one dope 21st birthday! Hahaha. Also, Barbie should make dolls with cellulite! After all, around 95% of ALL women have it!"
Lovato, 20, has been vocal about her body image issues and eating disorders in the past, admitting to U.K.'s Company magazine that she had to deal with lots of "emotional and physical issues" when she checked into rehab for three months in 2010.
The "X Factor" judge has since revealed that she was admitted to the treatment center in order to deal with her struggles with bulimia, cutting and bipolar disorder, problems she's had from an early age.
In a recent interview with Rolling Stone, Lovato recalled having to battle her own demons as a 7-year-old actress on the set of "Barney & Friends."
"The principal called my parents and made me sign this suicide contract saying that I would not kill myself," she recalled. "They weren't expecting that so young."
Post-treatment, Lovato said her mom and stepdad were instrumental in helping her feel comfortable about sharing her struggles with others. "My parents were like, 'You have two choices. We can either just shut it down and not talk about it, or you can tell people what's up,'" she said. "There was no hesitation, really. I opened up that gate."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite